Adding new ringtones to ringtones folderGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Elementi

Elementi New Member

Hi i just got my htc dream and was wondering how to move ringtones on the sd card into the phones ringtones folder. i know that if you go to play them then you can set them to the ringtone. what i want to do is add them because when i set it to the ringtone then use that as a specific ringtone for one of my contacts it defaults back after a bit. and i really would not like to root because i want to keep my warranty.

2. aplusjimages

aplusjimages Member

I would like to know this as well for the Incredible. Same issue. I assign a custom ringtone, then a week later its gone or it becomes the ringtone for all my calls.
  3. RozzaC

RozzaC Well-Known Member

I got a little confused here.

Are you trying to set the same ringtone as your default AND as a contact's personal ringtone?
  4. kejlyCZ

kejlyCZ Well-Known Member

Have you tried to save the ringtones to ringtone folder and then choose them from contact detail? You can store your ringtones in folder /sdcard/Music/ringtones and Android will automatically recognize them.
    And no, you can't move ringtones to internal storage without rooting, /system/media/audio/ringtones is protected.
  5. LastFrontierLabs

LastFrontierLabs Well-Known Member

So I tried adding a ringtones folder to the sd card, but when I tried to assign the ringtones to a person, the tones I added were not listed.
    Any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong or is it just impossible with the Inspire 4g and ATT's lock down on ringtones.
  6. skierd69

skierd69 New Member

I too tried to cut and paste some old ringtones to my new Inspire 4g with no luck... I can't get them to show up in the list of ring tones for specific contacts...
    They will show up in Default ring tone but not in the individual ones for the contacts...