Adding Notification Sounds

Last Updated:

1. imanidiot777

imanidiot777 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all. I sent some custom ringtones to my new Incredible and I was able to set my ringtone to whichever one I pleased. They show up in the available ringtones. However, I cannot set the notification sound to one of these ringtones as they don't show up in the list of available sounds. Does anyone know how to add rings or sounds to the list of notification sounds? Thanks for any help in advance!

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Two VERY easy ways.

1) Use Ringdroid (free app from the market) and save the tone as a notification. Ringdroid will also allow you to edit current music on your phone to the section that you wish to make into a tone.

2) Create a folder called "notifications" on your SD card and put the said tone in the folder.

Let us know if you need more help :)

imanidiot777 likes this.
  3. imanidiot777

imanidiot777 Member This Topic's Starter

Ringdroid is pretty nice. That worked fine and it seems like a pretty cool app. Thanks a lot Kelmar.

4. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Anytime!

Feel free to ask anytime you have any questions, we are all here to help :)

5. localguy

localguy Well-Known Member

Hi. n00b question here, how do you make a new folder on my SD card? i tried doing it when cell was plugged in pc but never saw it when i was searching on my cell, i been trying to add ringtones for certain people in my list and for emails or messages?