Adding Notifications/RingtonesTips

Last Updated:

1. jmichaelsk

jmichaelsk Active Member This Topic's Starter

I fought for quite a while trying to add custom ringtones to the epic, don't know why they make it so difficult. Anyway, create a two folders on you phone called "notifications" and "ringtones" these can either be in the root dir of your sd card or nested in another folder. Apperantly it for these it searches for folder names instead of file type. I have my nested in another folder called media. I use this for all external media I add to phone.

Also remember that the phone will find pictures by file type. So any pictures you put anywhere on your sdcard will show up in gallery. This makes it real easy to create folders for sorting pics. If you don't want a certain folder to show up in the gallery just put a "." in the beginning of the name. Then when you want it to show up in the gallery go to the folder, delete the period at the beginning of the name and there it is in gallery. So folder name "confidential pics" will show in gallery but folder name ".confidential pics" wont show up in gallery. I use Astro for changing the folder names on the phone and it works pretty good.

Advertisement
  2. amk719

amk719 New Member

I've downloaded a few ringtones from Zedge and reassigned all incoming calls to be assigned that ringtone. However, when my phone rings, I get a voice saying the name of who is calling. I've tried the standard ringtones from the droid and I still get this. I am unable to reassign any incoming calls to have a ringtone. I need help!

3. jmichaelsk

jmichaelsk Active Member This Topic's Starter

Menu-text to speech- uncheck speak caller id

This settimg overrides custom ringtones for individual callers

Enny likes this.