• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help adding old version of beautiful widgets

jb1

Nov 30, 2009
so im a new droid owener, i got the old version of beautiful widgets (2.36 htc looking clock) and when i run it through astro it keeps asking me to download the animation add on..the add on came with the download but i cannot get it to recognize it..can any one help out a newcomer to android..im hoping the phone doesnt have to be rooted to complete this.

Funny enough, I have the opposite problem. I hadnt backed up my Beautiful Widgets correctly, but I DID back up the files for the add on with all the HTC looking graphics for the weather.

Those files are listed in the \sdcard\data\beautifulwidgets folder. Inside there, there are Weatherpack, weatherpack-v2 and a weatherpack-v3 folders - each containing the aforementioned graphics. There are also two files - the forecaseaddon-v2.bwa and forecastaddon-v3.bwa - which I assume are the actual files that run for the forecast addon. I replaced these files over the new ones that were downloaded and everything works (for the forecast screen, anyway) as it did before the major BW graphics update.

I might be able to zip these files and send them to you, whereas they are just images and not the actual installation of BW, it should work. Let me know and shoot me a PM with your email if you want to try it out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones