• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Adding own sounds to alarms and notification?

I beleive you should be able to use the voice recorder and record what you want then you can save it and then it needs to be moved to the ringer folder by pc or file explorer. I have not done it with froyo but in the past I have done it with a different device and android. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply bigtoysrock. Where is the ringer folder located please? I can't seem to find it. Thanks

Upvote 0
I use astro as a file explorer. In your mounted sd card should be a folder called media, then audio, then notifications. Try putting it in there. I happen to have a sound in there that shows up on my list to use as a sound.

Hi bigtoysrock,

I have just downloaded & installed astro and navigated to my SD card, but can't find such a folder or anything similar. Thanks

Upvote 0
I use and am very happy with a program called Ringo (Lite (free) and Pro (cost) versions available) which is excellent for assigning own sounds to both ring tones and SMS tones, as well as other things such as vibrating or not, flashing lights, delayed and repeated tones, etc. I don't have any experience of downloading tones as I make my own on the PC and transfer to the Streak, but for my needs I find Ringo excellent.

Reactions: rabcnesbit
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones