Adding ringtones onto contactsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Fatal Exception

Fatal Exception Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

:confused:... How do I do it?

I can't seem to find the option other than create a whole new ringtone in Ringdroid. I've already created the ringtone in that! For some reason it wants me to create yet another ringtone from the already created one if I want to assign it to a contact again. I cant seem to find the option to just assign a ringtone to a contact.

I think installing Zedge as well may have wiped my existing custom ones I did.

Is there not a way in the system to assign ringtones to contacts without an app? Or a simple app to do it?

Advertisement
  2. oniongirl

oniongirl Well-Known Member

Go into contacts and click the person you want to have a specific ringtone. Then click the 'menu' softkey, and select 'Options', it should be there :) Why anyone would want anything but 'Paradise Island' for all their contacts is beyond me ;)

Tammy Collins likes this.
  3. Fatal Exception

Found it. Odd they hide it away there!

4. Shuflie

Shuflie Member

Well the stuff you see on screen is what gets synced to google contacts (or wherever you sync to), adding a custom ringtone is more phone specific, so its a phone setting (for a particular contact), not actual contact information. Where would you have put it?

5. Fatal Exception

With the rest of the contact details as an added detail :D You already have none google contact information (facebook) there.

It's one of the little stupid bits of interface design on the phone that I've spotted, I otherwise love it.

Trying to add a number onto a contact that was imported from facebook was another. In the end I had to go to google.com/contacts, add their name as a contact to I could do it. This then turned the contact into a google contact so I could edit it. I couldn't find an option to actually import a contact from facebook so I could edit the details, I just got "Facebook information can not be edited from this device" :-\

6. hunta

hunta Well-Known Member

The other thing that bugs me is the inability to insert a contact's number into a SMS. Person A texts to ask for person B's number. I go respond, then go to insert the number they've asked for but can't. I either have to go to contacts, look it up, copy & paste (not easy in itself) or SMS the contact separately.

And why can't I open URL's or copy & paste from Google Mail? :eek:

Apart from that it is, as you say, great! :)