adding the word "yo" to user dic.General

Last Updated:

1. chaM87

chaM87 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So the word "Yo" is added into my user dictionary, but anytime I type "yo" it will be to the left of the word "to" which is the primary option. Why is this...

Advertisement
  2. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Because "yo" is not a real word and it a likely typing mistake for "to" on the keyboard (Y is next to T).

3. 50chendt

50chendt Active Member

if you use swype you can type yo twice by actually pressing y and o then you can use the swype feature to type yo and it will work perfectly....most of the time. thats how i add curse words =)

4. chaM87

That does not matter, I can make up a word that is not a real word and I can still add it into the dictionary. Yo is the only one that wont work, I have it in the dictionary but like I said when I type it, it is not added and will primarily show the word "to." Primarily means it is highlighted in green and to the left of the word "to" you can see "yo" in grey. It is annoying.

Ya, I use to use swype. I like it a lot, but did not like having to use it to type in the browser, so I do not use swype anymore. It is not for me but ya it is sweet.

Any ideas? Anyone else have this problem?

5. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

I believe the more you use a word, then it becomes the first choice.
    However, i seriously doubt you use "yo" more in your vocabulary than "to"... so therefore "yo" will always be the second choice.

Demache likes this.
  6. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

Agreed, I've read that the priority of words in the dictionary are based on the frequency of the word being used. I think they are automatically adjusted as you use Swype. I've noticed when you correct a word from "out" to "it," over time "it" (for example) will become the higher priority. I would assume if you keep using Swype normally, you should find that it automatically adjusts itself to more closely match how you want to use it.

7. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Yeah that's what I meant to say.

8. MrDangerous

MrDangerous Well-Known Member

I kind of miss the way the predictive text worked on the Blackberry 71xx and 81xx devices. It seemed to figure you out after a while.

9. chaM87

Alright thanks for the answers, I for sure use "to" more than "yo." I guess that is why, whatever. "Yao" is sweeter than "Yo." :).

10. Syntheticfuture

Syntheticfuture Member

I actually had this problem with yo and I'd. I deleted it from the user dictionary and manually added it. When I did that it became my first choice.