• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Adding to favorites

bscarl88

Lurker
Jul 2, 2010
I have a tab widget with 3 tabs, each with a listview inside. I setup a context menu so that when I click and hold on one of the list items it brings up a box saying add to favorites. The problem is, I don't know how to pass the selected listview item to the ArrayList in Favorites, or receive it in Favorites class. I have tried bundling and putExtra but I can't get them to work, I am pretty new to all this and even after reading many guides, I am not very good but here is the code for my context menu so far (after I deleted the messy code I tried before).

Code:
public void onCreateContextMenu(ContextMenu menu, View v, ContextMenuInfo menuInfo) 
	{
	    super.onCreateContextMenu(menu, v, menuInfo);
	    menu.add(0, FAV_ID, 0, R.string.fav_insert);
	}
	public boolean onContextItemSelected(MenuItem item, View v) 
	{
		int position = 0;
	    switch(item.getItemId()) 
	    {
	    case FAV_ID:

AdapterContextMenuInfo info = (AdapterContextMenuInfo) item.getMenuInfo();
	        //TODO add the code that adds the selected list item to the favorites class.
	        return true;
	    }
	    return super.onContextItemSelected(item);
	}

I have the ArrayList publicly declared in my Favorites class

any help would be appreciated

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones