Support Adding widgets

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ronmio, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Ronmio

Ronmio New Member

Apr 26, 2012
    I just picked up my A100 and wanted to add a folders widget and other widgets. In another thread, I saw that someone added a WiFi toggle widget which I also want to do. But, unlike on my Droid 2 smartphone where it is straightforward, I can't figure out how to add new widgets to the handful that Acer has provided.

Advertisement

2. mrpnut

mrpnut THE WORLD IS YOURS

Jun 1, 2011
    Male
    trying to concur the world
    CALI
    r u on honeycomb still or ics 4.0.3 ;)

3. Ronmio

Ronmio New Member

Apr 26, 2012
    I'm on 3.2.1. Does ICS address this?

4. bigbpc

bigbpc Active Member

Feb 8, 2012
    Male
    PC Tech
    The Bend
    In 3.2 you can press and hold in a empty area, and select widgets from the new menu that slides up. In 4.0, it's available from the apps menu in the top-right corner.

5. Ronmio

Ronmio New Member

Apr 26, 2012
    I know how to get the the available widgets. Unfortunately, Acer provided very few. The questions is, how do I add widgets to the list of available ones?

6. bigbpc

bigbpc Active Member

Feb 8, 2012
    Male
    PC Tech
    The Bend
    They have to be installed, via market or a .apk file. I got "Beautiful Widgets" for free from get jar. GooglePlay has quite a few too, and app category specificly for widgets. Hope this helps. I did a search on GooglePlay for "folder widget" and found one called "app folder".

7. Ronmio

Ronmio New Member

Apr 26, 2012
    My tablet announced that it had an update for me so I now have ICS (4.0.3). I have now found that the OS does put "apps" that are described on Google Play as widgets into the Widgets category under Apps. Case closed.:)