Adding "Work Mail" Application to ROM

Last Updated:

1. jjcobm

jjcobm Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello everyone,

I just got a GT-I7500 and am coming from an HTC Sapphire. I was able to root the I7500 after following instructions scattered all around the net and am running on 1.6.

There is an application I use called "work mail" which comes on the HTC Roms which is basically an exchange server application allowing me to check and send email on an exchange server.

I tried to installed the mail.apk from the sapphire roms I use and after enabling non-market applications to be installed, I tried to run the installer but it would fail saying "Work Email could not be installed on this phone".

Anyone know of any way to integrate the "work mail" application into a ROM? Or of any way to get this installed on the i7500?

Advertisement
  2. Andronix

Andronix Well-Known Member

This is not "a guide to warez" site.

3. jjcobm

jjcobm Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

.....And this is probably why development and structure seems to be lacking over here, looks like the folks at xda can be of better help. Thread can be deleted.....

4. MichaelW

MichaelW Well-Known Member

The work email app is included in the Galaxo rom, doesn't work for me though since activesync is disabled on our exchange server.

Are you perhaps trying to install a 1.6 version of the app on a 1.5 firmware, or vice versa?