1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

AdFree Android - Keeping Your Phone Ads Free

Last Updated:

1. droidBar

droidBar Member This Topic's Starter

Irritated by the ads that comes along with the applications you have installed? Especially when it blocks your view while you're playing Angry Birds?

Not anymore! AdFree Android is a perfect solution for you! However, your phone must be rooted in order to get it working.

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. Candy Simmons

Candy Simmons New Member

What is a 'rooted' phone?

3. amlothi

amlothi Well-Known Member

A phone that is underground and absorbs water and minerals from the surrounding tissue. Kind of like a cross between a phone and a potato. Think phontato.

4. scoob55

scoob55 Well-Known Member

potaphone ;)

5. Benjie

Benjie Well-Known Member

Do we realize what this is doing to the potato family? Integration is not very high on their list. Anyway, I installed AdFree Android a day or two or whatever days ago and it works.

6. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled VIP Member

Ignore the jerks. Rooting your phone is when you tweak the phone so that you get additional privileges. It lets the phone run things it normally wouldn't be able to run. Apparently this ad killer app requires the phone to be rooted so the app can change things an unrooted phone cannot.

7. mike114

mike114 Well-Known Member

C'mon Rich, you gotta admit, that was funny!!

8. Legato

Legato Well-Known Member

i have been using this since i rooted my phone back in august. Works great. Completely blocks any ads from showing up in your apps. You just get the constant swirly logo thing like it is trying to load, but can't. :D You should update it every so often so that it has the newest host names and such to block the newer apps ads. I love it. Haven't had to see a single ad since august.

9. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

Many of the newer custom ROMs will give you the option of permanently blocking/unblocking ads. I have no problems with adware when as mentioned before it does not interfere with the application. problem is, many ads are intrusive. I would rather pay a reasonable fee for an adfree version of an application. Developers of useful apps do deserve our support. Some of the over reactions to an app becoming adware (as seen in market ratings and comments) are pretty ridiculous. More developers now give a setup option to kill the ads in their programs.

10. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled VIP Member

Goofing on someone's who's been around for a bit is funny. Goofing on a noob who's asking a good question and possibly making them feel stupid isn't cool.