Last Updated: Jul 29,2010
Is anyone else having problems with adfree android after the 2.2 install?
did u install it the right way by moving the files in adb shell?
Yes, the same way I installed it on 2.1 and it worked on eclair, but I am having issues with it on 2.2.
ok nevermind, I had to do it a slightly different way listed over at xda for it to work...
how about linking it here for people that may have the same problem and havent looked at XDA
It only varies slightly from the version listed on this forum... but here are the instructions:
1. Search for Adfree Android on the market
2. Install and run
3. allow it to download and install new hosts file, it will copy it to your sdcard and try to replace /system/etc/hosts but fail (it should reboot the phone shortly)
4. Power off the phone and hold Volume Down and power.
5. Use volume down to select recovery
6. In clockwork recovery volume down to "partitions menu" and hit the track pad to select
7. Select "mount /system" and "mount /sdcard" "mount /data"
8. Plug in your usb cord and open a command line on your pc
9. enter adb shell and type the following commands
cp /sdcard/hosts /data/data/hosts
ln -s /data/data/hosts /system/etc/hosts
Separate names with a comma.