Adfree not working

Last Updated:

1. TeamTJ

TeamTJ Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I wiped my phone and installed Darchdroid 2.8 this morning.

Now when I try to update Adfree Android's hosts, it gives me the following error:
    "Failed to remount system partition read-write"

It worked on 2.8 before the wipe & flash.

Anyone know what's up?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

Don't have that app. Does it require root access? If so, have you verified that another app you have that requires root access still works?

3. TeamTJ

TeamTJ Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It does require root.

Forgive my ignorance, but how would I test if I still have root? How would I lose it?

4. dpeeps74

dpeeps74 Well-Known Member

to check root, open terminal emulator and type "su". if you get a # prompt, you have root, otherwise it will say access denied or something. if you don't have root, you can just do the adb root method to get root back, at least that worked for me.

if you still have root, superuser permissions likely needs to be reinstalled. you can search xda for su 2.2.2 and download and reinstall it (i think it's a flash file). i've also seen information saying you may need to delete superuser permission data, but i was just able to reflash the app and it ended up working.

if all that fails you can try to nandroid back, or try reflashing again, being sure to wipe/factory reset.

5. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

You could have lost it by flashing the ROM. There is something with DarchDroid 2.8 where it is possible to loose root. If you did loose it you can always get it back :)