Do you find AdjBrightness to be useful?

1. Yes

62.5%
  2. No

37.5%

Last Updated:

1. mikemillsjr

mikemillsjr Member This Topic's Starter

Good morning AF. Let me start this by saying I'm a LONG time reader and fan (even before I registered in April). I've worked in retail (Best Buy, Circuit City, Dell, Radio Shack Manager 09-August 10 and current Sprint Store Manager in training) all my life and the wealth of information, tutorials, tips and tricks on AF has helped me go above and beyond customer expectations time and time again. I know I don't respond to most of the threads I gain knowledge from but lets this be my official THANK YOU AF!!!

Now, I know the biggest debate between the Epic and Evo is the screen. NOW I KNOW WE COULD NEVER DUPLICATE THE EPICS BEAUTIFUL SCREEN (for all the Epic Stans lol) but last night after I had a thought I came across AdjBrightness and BarControl. AdjBrightness requires root but allows you to under-dim or extend the brightness of your screen. The applications allows you to lock your selection so no other application can change it as well. Use the 5 setting during daylight or around ample light and/or crank it all the way up when you want to show off or at night (Looks beautiful at night if I do say so myself).

In conjunction with AdjBrightness, BarControl allows me to easily switch the setting via the notification bar.

I visit this thread everyday and have yet to see a thread about this so if I'm wrong correct me.

P.S. Using the 255 setting can and will eat more of your precious batter life but I've had good results with JuiceDefender in minimizing the impact on the battery. Just my findings. Let me know AF!

EDIT: Didn't realize this was my first post!

Advertisement
  2. conor.in

conor.in Well-Known Member

Does BarControl require root as well?

3. bvbull200

bvbull200 Banned

You didn't realize that you had never posted before? :rolleyes:

v01rider and pastafarian like this.
  4. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

I just haven't found a need for anything like this. My phone is nearly always on 100% brightness ....occassionally at 50% in an extremely dark setting. By my own observation, and verified through the bat stats, it doesn't really seem to make a difference.

My .02 since ya asked for it.

Neat apps...just don't see the point.

5. mikemillsjr

mikemillsjr Member This Topic's Starter

Sadly, no lol. I told you, I read this forum everyday I figured I must have at least posted once, but I see not!

@Mr. Ed - Try reverting back to screen brightness @ 100 via the settings menu and then try adjusting the brightness to the max via AdjBrightness. The screen definitely becomes brighter than the max stock setting allow.

6. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

I will check it out. Pitch black and bright sun the factory settings have been fine but it can't hurt to try it!

7. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

After 3days with this I have uninstalled it. Since installing something has been keeping my phone in partial wake...and i honestly see no difference in brightness. This may be due to the rom i am using...which I believe already has tweaked the brightness settings.

8. toddpedersen

toddpedersen Well-Known Member

I use a FREE market app called Brightness Profiles. Works on Non Rooted phones. Allows customized brightness settings with one touch.