Support Adjust Vibrate pattern for Text messages

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JoBu13, Jun 13, 2013.

1. JoBu13

JoBu13 New Member

Jun 13, 2013
    I just got my S4 a couple days ago and while I'm at work I leave it in Vibrate mode. I noticed that when I receive a text message from anybody it only does 2 short bursts. Most of the time I don't hear it and only notice I have a next text message from the LED Indicator.

I have tried going into contacts and setting the vibration there for "basic call" which is longer.....but I still get 2 short bursts.

I have gone into the phone settings and set notifications for "basic call" and I still get 2 short bursts.

I also tried setting different vibrate patterns for different contacts and still I get 2 short bursts

What am I missing? and how do I fix this.

Advertisement

2. Rockinfigs

Rockinfigs Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2010
    i think the only way to adjust the vibrate pattern is through using go sms..u can customize your vibrate pattern

3. ParishL31

ParishL31 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2010
    Student
    Colorado
    I use a third party app called Smart Vibrator. It lets you set the vibration pattern to whatever you want, perfect for making longer more noticeable patterns.

4. JoBu13

JoBu13 New Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Thanks for the posts, I'll look into them and see if I like them.

I was just confused at why you could set the Vibrate patterns for a contact but it has no affect when you get a txt. I'm new to Droid so I thought maybe I was missing something simple.