• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

adjusting proximity sensor

aish_varya

Mar 30, 2011
Mumbai
Is there a way out to calibrate proximity sensor ?

One of its job is to turn ON the screen when i move it away from my ear, so as to end call or use dial pad or open any app etc....

Though my ace is performing this job correctly but i feel the response time taken should be reduced. It should turn ON without making me wait for it.

The sensor only polls every few seconds iirc, if it was to do it any more frequently, it could start to have a negative effect on battery life.

It's the same on my DHD, I've to wait upwards of 5 or seconds sometimes for it turn the screen on when I've finished a call on occasion.

I know there are apps where you can change this, but I can't find any for the Ace. I'll keep trying and let you know if I find anything.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones