Adjusting wallpaper picSupport

Last Updated:

1. Teris

Teris Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry for the stupid question, but I can't figure this out. I downloaded a pic to my phone that I want to set as my wallpaper. I was able to do it, but I want the full photo to be on my screen when I look at it rather than having to scroll left and right to see the whole thing. Can someone tell me how to fix that? Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. RawlingsSc

RawlingsSc Well-Known Member Contributor

You would have to give the picture blank areas to the left and right. The total wallpaper would be 960x800 (if I'm remembering the resolution correctly) but the 'picture' part would be 480x800 right in the middle. However, when you scroll to other home screens, the picture would still move.

Teris likes this.
  3. Teris

Teris Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I assume I could also just copy the image 5 times and make it fit on the different screens, right? (Not that I'd have any idea how to do that, either!)

4. RawlingsSc

RawlingsSc Well-Known Member Contributor

Not quite. When you shift to the next homescreen over, the background doesn't move a full 480 pixels. It's more like 140 or so. I've heard that some of the home replacements allow you to have a different picture on each homescreen, but I'm not sure which ones.

5. lowboydrvr

lowboydrvr Well-Known Member

There is a great live wallpaper app called "MultiPicture Live Wallpaper" that will allow you to control what wallpaper is on what screen (different wall paper on each screen, only 1 wall paper, etc.). It is a free app from the market. Give it a try.

6. Stupifier

Stupifier Well-Known Member

^^^^^^
    What he said

7. mhtrang

mhtrang Well-Known Member

I believe LauncherPro will also let you "freeze" the background, but that's only if you don't mind not having Sense on your phone.