• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps ADK Manager Not appearing - new Developer

Zell1

Lurker
Jan 29, 2013
Hello all!

I am brand new to developing apps for Android. I have been a long time user and feel it is time to get my feet wet and start writing my own apps. I am hoping that I can resolve a seemingly simple problem here.

I have installed the JRE/JDK package, installed Eclipse, installed and downloaded all the updates for the Android SDK. I have added the Android SDK to eclipse and updated it fully (through install new software). I have used Add --> Google Plug-ins for Eclipse 4.2" with URL "dl.google.com/eclipse/plugin/4.2". I have "Checked For Updates" several times and restarted Eclipse multiple times.

Now, for some reason the ADK manager does not appear under window. In other words I am not seeing an Android Emulator - which is my problem. No Emulator

I am fairly certain I have installed everything correctly. I am working from a book I purchased called "Android for Absolute Beginners" which has step by step instructions. I am running windows 8 with all updates installed.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones