Admin should start a poll on TouchWiz

Last Updated:

1. marcelo0292

marcelo0292 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I dont know if this is relevant but I want to see what you guys think about TouchWiz 3.0. Maybe if someone can create a poll or something. Is it good or bad? What do YOU think??

IMO i think it looks nice and really useful. People should stop hating on TW

Advertisement
  2. taylormah

taylormah Well-Known Member

The more I see it, the more I like it. I find it very useful feature packed and nice looking. People hate its iPhone looks, but that part is only in the app drawer and bottom dock, but both of these looks give for a good user experience I believe. Bottom dock is accessible from all home screens, so quick access to most used apps, app drawer scrolls horizontally and its possible to jump between app pages by clicking on respective page "dot" at the top. So if you know which page the app is on, any app becomes three or less taps away from opening (saves the endless scrolling to find an app from vertical scroll grid). Access to power controls from notifications, swipe to call/message, uninstall apps right from the app drawer itself, social network right in the contacts app, jump between home/app panels on touch of the dot at top of screen - enough reasons to like TW 3.0 for me..... as for TW haters, I can just hope they like its usefulness once they use it ..

3. marcelo0292

marcelo0292 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

couldn't of said it better.

I think it looks sick. It's simple and classy. It's not too flashy and glossy like Sense (hero user). Im not hating on Sense either, but I think TW and Sense can go head to head.

I hate how ppl say that its an IPhone rip-off blah blah blah..The only thing that looks similar is the app drawer, and YOU CAN CHANGE IT!

4. wodin6

wodin6 Well-Known Member

Not only can you uninstall apps directly from the app drawer, but you can change the locations of the icons themselves. You can put all of your most used apps on the first screen and never even need to go to the rest. It's like having more homescreens but ones that have a huge list of apps that you don't have to look at all of the time. Touchwiz is way better than sense imho.

5. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member

Touchwiz looks very promising. In fact its one of the reasons why I wanted to choose it over Sense. Just to have a different experience. I think it incorporates some if the things a love about Sense but puts its own spin on it. I can't wait to get my hands on the Epic!

6. taylormah

taylormah Well-Known Member

OR you can made dedicated pages for apps based on their category - one page for games, one for office related stuff, one for apps for kids --- or just switch to alphabetical list, and just find your app like you would find your contact.

7. Squiggoth

Squiggoth Well-Known Member

One complaint I've read is something along the lines of "it puts seemingly random colored background boxes behind each app". Does anyone have any idea what that is? Or what colors are what?

8. icemanjs4

icemanjs4 Well-Known Member

Yeah this is sort of a silly complaint on that video you watched. If you look at the App Launcher, it looks a lot like the iPhone - ie a 4x4 grid of icons. Instead of just seeing an icon for each app (say for Gmail it would be a red outline of a mailbox), you'll see the mailbox surrounded by a colored square to make the icon bigger and more colorful.

Squiggoth likes this.
  9. Squiggoth

Squiggoth Well-Known Member

Ah, ok, no real strike against touchwiz then. =)

10. miamithrice

miamithrice Active Member

HTC fanboys: Function over form; except when it comes to Sense.