• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Admin should start a poll on TouchWiz

The more I see it, the more I like it. I find it very useful feature packed and nice looking. People hate its iPhone looks, but that part is only in the app drawer and bottom dock, but both of these looks give for a good user experience I believe. Bottom dock is accessible from all home screens, so quick access to most used apps, app drawer scrolls horizontally and its possible to jump between app pages by clicking on respective page "dot" at the top. So if you know which page the app is on, any app becomes three or less taps away from opening (saves the endless scrolling to find an app from vertical scroll grid). Access to power controls from notifications, swipe to call/message, uninstall apps right from the app drawer itself, social network right in the contacts app, jump between home/app panels on touch of the dot at top of screen - enough reasons to like TW 3.0 for me..... as for TW haters, I can just hope they like its usefulness once they use it ..

Upvote 0
couldn't of said it better.

I think it looks sick. It's simple and classy. It's not too flashy and glossy like Sense (hero user). Im not hating on Sense either, but I think TW and Sense can go head to head.

I hate how ppl say that its an IPhone rip-off blah blah blah..The only thing that looks similar is the app drawer, and YOU CAN CHANGE IT!

Upvote 0
Not only can you uninstall apps directly from the app drawer, but you can change the locations of the icons themselves. You can put all of your most used apps on the first screen and never even need to go to the rest. It's like having more homescreens but ones that have a huge list of apps that you don't have to look at all of the time. Touchwiz is way better than sense imho.

Upvote 0
Not only can you uninstall apps directly from the app drawer, but you can change the locations of the icons themselves. You can put all of your most used apps on the first screen and never even need to go to the rest. It's like having more homescreens but ones that have a huge list of apps that you don't have to look at all of the time. Touchwiz is way better than sense imho.

OR you can made dedicated pages for apps based on their category - one page for games, one for office related stuff, one for apps for kids --- or just switch to alphabetical list, and just find your app like you would find your contact.

Upvote 0
One complaint I've read is something along the lines of "it puts seemingly random colored background boxes behind each app". Does anyone have any idea what that is? Or what colors are what?

Yeah this is sort of a silly complaint on that video you watched. If you look at the App Launcher, it looks a lot like the iPhone - ie a 4x4 grid of icons. Instead of just seeing an icon for each app (say for Gmail it would be a red outline of a mailbox), you'll see the mailbox surrounded by a colored square to make the icon bigger and more colorful.

Reactions: Squiggoth
Upvote 0
Yeah this is sort of a silly complaint on that video you watched. If you look at the App Launcher, it looks a lot like the iPhone - ie a 4x4 grid of icons. Instead of just seeing an icon for each app (say for Gmail it would be a red outline of a mailbox), you'll see the mailbox surrounded by a colored square to make the icon bigger and more colorful.

Ah, ok, no real strike against touchwiz then. =)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones