1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

admire being slowSupport

1. kastleback

kastleback Member

so i put the 3025 prl on last night and it still shows 1x, which im assuming i guess theres no 3g in my area yet. i live in lowell,MA btw. anyways my phone has been acting reaaaaally slow lately and thats before and after i updated my prl. even when im connected to wi-fi its still slow. also i tried using ASTRO to delete my bloatware but it keeps telling me it cant delete it. I've also tried using a different file manager but it says the same thing. any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Advertisement
  2. eric181991

eric181991 Well-Known Member

go to the android market download an app called 4shared the developer name is under makky....open it up and type in the box root explorer download it and u should be able to delete the metro bloatware...be u must be rooted first...
    kastleback likes this.
  3. kastleback

kastleback Member

yep first thing i did was root it haha. alright thanks. now just hoping for an answer to the phone being slow...internet and the phone itself.
  4. kastleback

kastleback Member

hm...it keeps telling me its "read-only" files. so they cant be deleted...but the keep working in the background. any ideas? thanks
  5. Baek215

Baek215 Well-Known Member

Set it to read/write
    kastleback likes this.
  6. eric181991

eric181991 Well-Known Member

when u open up root explorer....scroll down until u see system click on it..when your in system click on app...now when your in the app file ....at the top you should see (mount R/W).....click it and u should see that it changed to (mount R/O)......now u should be able to delete the metro bloat ware but what ever u do....dont delete any google apps....some android phones need google apps to function correctly...if this helps thank me please
    kastleback likes this.
  7. kastleback

kastleback Member

you guys are great thanks.
  8. or you can just use titanium backup to delete bloatware with one click..also you may want to clear your cache with cachemate (dont use the power clear function)
    as far as your phone actng slow, is it slow as in using data services (wifi, mobile network) or slow all around?
  9. kastleback

kastleback Member

slow all around baby_jesus
  10. Baek215

Baek215 Well-Known Member

Just delete the bloatware, and your phone should have no problems. As far as internet being slow, if there's no 3g in your city, you're basically stuck with 1x :(
    My store rep told us that they're not putting 3g towers in a lot of cities, mainly just Texas, Cali, and Florida. I think Georgia is getting it.
    kastleback likes this.