1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Adobe® Reader®: Adobe Reader "LITE" for Android

Last Updated:

1. pepperlim

pepperlim Guest This Topic's Starter

Its fantastic when big boys jump on the band wagon to support Android with apps. Alright, maybe Adobe is a little slow but their Adobe Reader has been eagerly anticipated by the community for a long time.
    Unfortunately, I was a little disappointed with some of the missing features.
    Oh, yes, it has the mighty multi-touch zoom! And it is relatively fast in opening documents. And I like it better than PDF To Go.
    On the other hand, it does not have a bookmark feature. It does not remember the last page of the last document you opened unlike "Droid Comic Viewer" app. It does not even remember the last document you opened. So, if you are thinking of carrying a large document with you over the weekend, you are going to have trouble finding the last page you read.
    Still, being the de facto document format, to be able to quickly open a PDF file on your Android is nice. And yes, Playboy and Penthouse PDF files are sharp and crisp on the Adobe Reader! But you didn't hear that from me...

Advertisement
  2. rverano

rverano New Member

This sounds pretty basic & I'm sure it is but I've created a folder called PDFs on my SD card ,(I presume) and I've downloaded a PDF file to the folder but I can't figure out how to access it with Adobe Reader.

3. Glove

Glove New Member

I am trying to distribute a pdf file which uses bookmarks and links to open a number of other pdf files in subdirectories, and some in the same root directory. I downloaded the file to my Droid and unzipped it to the SD card. I then created a shortcut to the main document. The main document opens fine, but none of the bookmarks are visible in Adobe Reader, and none of the links work. What am I missing? I am trying to create a easy to navigate document(s) which can be viewed on smart phones. Being a Droid user, I thought addressing the android market would be first. Any suggestions?

4. sohguanh

sohguanh Well-Known Member

As a developer, I wonder if Adobe would officially release a SDK API for Android so we can write Android apps to interface to their product.