Adobe Flash 10.1 for 2.1 EPIC 4G

Last Updated:

1. I'm still on Eclair and I installed the .apk for Flash 10.1 and it is working. It's choppy when playing video that requires full Flash support, but ads and such show the Flash content instead of the error icon.

Advertisement
  2. badankles

badankles Well-Known Member

i'm leery of doing that because i did that with the evo back in july. when the froyo update came, it messed up the upgrade (i got it resolved, but it was a pain).

what sites are you able to get flash to come up? what browser are you using?
  3. I visited a video streaming site that requires Flash 8 or above and it works. Also works on YouTube and MySpace. Hulu still doesn't work. The absence of a JIT compiler that Froyo gives means that it isn't perfect, but it'll hold me over until the Froyo update. I'm using the phone's stock browser.
  4. devon2000

devon2000 New Member

ok, R u going to share where u got the adobe flash apk from?
  5. Pitbull329

Pitbull329 Well-Known Member

hmmm, 558 views... and only 5 responses. Anybody willing to share any feedback? past experiences similar to the one person who posted his issues updating when 2.2 rolled out for Evo? I wouldn't mind installing it, but I don't want to install it if its going to be a hassle updating properly when 2.2 rolls out.
  6. Well, I'm expecting tha the 2.2 release date will be announced in advance, so I plan on uninstalling this soon before then.
  7. Pitbull329

Pitbull329 Well-Known Member

So its as simple as just uninstalling the apk? It doesn't go deeper than that?
  8. Well, you need the Apps Installer app to install the apk, then you must power cycle your phone. Oh, and make sure you have plug-ins enabled in your browser.
  9. Keybeeetsss

Keybeeetsss Well-Known Member

thatz not really what Pitbull meant when he posted his comment...

jus like a computer, somethings that u install change ur whole registry which can muck up other things even if the ??? is uninstalled...
    Pitbull329 likes this.
  10. No.

Just install the apk in your SD card via your computer. Make sure it is not in any folders or sub-folders.
  11. Keybeeetsss

Keybeeetsss Well-Known Member

:)
  12. ewarren29

ewarren29 Well-Known Member

Fallowed steps and tried on samsung epic 4g but not working. Any advice?
  13. carnivalrejectq

carnivalrejectq Well-Known Member

I found this a couple days ago on google and tried. Didn't work for me either.
  14. ewarren29

Was hoping to put flash on epic and tying hulu and others. Don't feel comfortable upgrading to dk28 and would love any tips or advice on this. Thanks a lot
  15. This method worked for me, but I was rooted and using a ROM. My advice is to upgrade to DK28. I really don't understand why you're not comfortable doing the upgrade. I'm currently not rooted and on DK28. If you do manage to get Flash 10.1 working on your 2.1 EPIC, you're going to be disappointed when watching Hulu. Android 2.1 lacks a JIT compiler, so Flash content plays laggy and choppy.

tl;dr
    Get over you unfounded fears and upgrade to DK28 or wait for the official FroYo update.
  16. ewarren29

Was worried because am new to android and smart phones in general. I've heard of people messing up their phones if they do it wrong. Guess I will research it out though because am sure your right and I will be disappointed . Thanks
  17. I believe there's a DK28 thread here in the forum. It's easy to do once you have all the right tools. Simply re-flash DI18 in the rare event you brick your phone.
  18. ewarren29

Thanks I have been reading that forum and finding it helpful. Any advice would be greatfully appriciated
  19. ewarren29

So do I need to install Odin prior to DK28 or can I do it after if I happen to brick my phone. The forum is kind of vague. Thanks again for all your help
  20. You need Odin to flash DK28 anyway.
  21. ewarren29

Ok thanks. I am misunderstanding the info I read. Thought it was downloaded to cpu then just installed on phone. So now I look as dumb as I am when it comes to this new phone. Anyway thanks for your help I am going to try and find another forum that may be more in depth . Sort of a for dummies version.