• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

adobe flash 11 update

I've also noticed problems with Adobe Flash Player 11. Although, I updated to the latest OS (3.2) around the same time that I updated Adobe Flash Player, so I don't know if the problems I'm seeing are caused by the OS, adobe flash player, or a combination of both.

My specs:
Device: Acer Iconia A500 (not rooted)
Build number: Acer_A500_7.006.01_COM_GEN2
App: Adobe Flash Player 11.0.1.152

Using the above, I have problems playing flash videos on the ABC Family channel website.

I've also had problems streaming Amazon Instant Video, where the video will keep starting, stopping, and having to reconnect.

These problems didn't used to happen with OS 3.1 and the previous version of adobe flash player.

Upvote 0
(I had to continue this in a 2nd post because it wouldn't let me post a link to an URL as my first post.)

The ABC Family video that I have problems with is:

"Never Have I Ever" Full Episode - The Lying Game - ABC Family

When I try to play it, it plays, but after a minute or so, it will automatically restart from the beginning and then freeze.

Can anyone with the same or similar specs as me (see my previous post above) try playing the video at the link above and see if they encounter the same problem? I'm not sure if you need to be in the US because ABC Family is a US TV channel. Thanks!

Upvote 0
(I had to continue this in a 2nd post because it wouldn't let me post a link to an URL as my first post.)

The ABC Family video that I have problems with is:

"Never Have I Ever" Full Episode - The Lying Game - ABC Family

When I try to play it, it plays, but after a minute or so, it will automatically restart from the beginning and then freeze.

Can anyone with the same or similar specs as me (see my previous post above) try playing the video at the link above and see if they encounter the same problem? I'm not sure if you need to be in the US because ABC Family is a US TV channel. Thanks!

Watching this on the TAB now. All i can say is unlike you i just figured out that i can watch TV shows on the TAB after 3.2 update... Just wish i was able to figure it out sooner. BTW the pictures are AWESOME!!!

(ncis, csi x3, house LOOK GREAT on the big screen HDMI port)

Okay on to the original post...

Show reminds me of a chick flick that some how is getting me interested. The girls are hot. LOL ... 5 minutes and not one hiccup. Running on the FULL screen option too.

I can say one thing i did when i had issues (ex: freezing or the net just stopped working and closed) was recently hit the reset button on the side. I believe it has cleared a lot of issues. Been running the net and watfching my tv shows for the past 3 hours and now this one all looks GREAT!

Dont think its the flash. The tab may need to be reset or the net your on end may not be strong enough.

*side note: Noticed after reset the wifi connection seemed to be stronger.

Up to 10 minutes and NOTHING! so far good show evil twin is messed up. :)

15 minutes now a small hiccup but nothing the web/tab did not fix within seconds on its own.

Upvote 0
(ncis, csi x3, house LOOK GREAT on the big screen HDMI port)
Yes, shows really do look great in HD thru HDMI on a TV!

Show reminds me of a chick flick that some how is getting me interested. The girls are hot. LOL ... 5 minutes and not one hiccup. Running on the FULL screen option too.

I can say one thing i did when i had issues (ex: freezing or the net just stopped working and closed) was recently hit the reset button on the side. I believe it has cleared a lot of issues. Been running the net and watfching my tv shows for the past 3 hours and now this one all looks GREAT!

Dont think its the flash. The tab may need to be reset or the net your on end may not be strong enough.

*side note: Noticed after reset the wifi connection seemed to be stronger.
Thanks for testing the video. It's strange that you aren't encountering the problem that I'm seeing. I wonder how our tablets differ? You didn't mention, but are you also using Adobe Flash Player 11? What browser are you using? I've tried both the stock Browser and Dolphin Browser HD, both of which have the same problem playing that video.

I've tried most things that I could think of to fix the problem, none of which help: resetting (shutting down) the tablet, clearing various caches, reinstalling Adobe Flash Player 11, reverting to the stock Adobe Flash Player. I don't have access to the flash version just previous to v11; maybe that would work better.

I have a strong wifi connection (3-4 bars and about -40 dBM measured with Wifi Analyzer), and I'm testing from right next to the router. I've also had problems playing YouTube videos and shows from other websites such as CBS. Basically, OS 3.2 has rendered my tablet pretty useless for playing flash videos. Other functions and web browsing work fine tho.

There's definitely something wonky with OS 3.2 possibly in combination with flash player 11. I didn't have problems playing flash videos with OS 3.1 and the version of flash just previous to v11. I've read about an OS 3.2.1 update coming soon that was already rolled out for the Asus Transformer, and one of the fixes mentioned was for adobe flash player and YouTube in particular. I hope this fixes the problem. I didn't realize that an OS update could cause so many issues. Otherwise, I would have held off on updating.

Up to 10 minutes and NOTHING! so far good show evil twin is messed up. :)
Lol, glad you found a new show that might interest you.

Upvote 0
I found a fix that seems to solve the problem. I set a static IP on my local network for the tablet instead of letting the DHCP server handle it. It's been about 25 minutes now, and the video is still playing without problems.

Knowing that you had no issues, I researched more, started suspecting the wifi, and found others who solved problems by using a static IP.

It seems Android 3.2 introduced a problem with non-static IP handling. It probably also varies depending on the router and router setup. It was strange because I never saw a wifi drop on the tablet connection bars or through Wifi Analyzer, but when I checked the router log, it showed the router sending ACKs to the tablet every couple minutes. It was sending ACKs to the same internal IP, but I guess each time it did so, it somehow messed up the connection.

I'll have to test more on different websites to be sure, but this fix seems to work.

Not sure what's going to happen if I try to use my tablet away from home where I don't have control over IPs, lol. But at least it works here. Hopefully, they'll fix this in the next Android OS update.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones