Adobe Flash does not work on Ally with 2.2 due to hardware limitationGeneral

1. ownzordage

ownzordage Member

So it won't be available for the stock ROM, but is it possible for Flash to run on an overclocked ROM, such as Velocity or Punisher when new versions come out? As far as I know, the cpu architecture is different and the cpu speed is less than the minimum requirements. But it seems that an overclocked ally might have a chance of running it.

Advertisement
    :
    ktm and KingOfGreen like this.
  2. doihaveto

doihaveto Member

I have read that some are saying flash will not work or be comming to the ally due to adobe limits

Is there any truth to this and if not what flash apk will work for ally if there is one yet!

Thanks
  3. netizenmt

netizenmt Well-Known Member

No flash support. None. Zero. Zilch. Nunca. Nada. Adobe does not support the processor used in the LG Ally. Until and unless they write a version for it, it is highly unlikely we will ever see Flash support for our phone.

I would love to be proved wrong regarding this in the future. I'd like to be able to have Flash as well.
  4. yohobojo

yohobojo Well-Known Member

I wana email them about it just for the heck of it. =D
  5. GRZLA

GRZLA Well-Known Member

While you are getting results emailing major corporations, why don't you email google for me ask them if I can have a job doing nothing for a salary of 1 million dollars a year?

Our processor is outdated and will never be supported for flash.
  6. yohobojo

Sorry... gosh just trying to make a suggestion. I wasnt going to do it anyways. Why so serious?
    FalconFour likes this.
  7. neightwulf

neightwulf Well-Known Member

I don't speak for GRZLA, but I'd bet it's because despite the fact that Adobe has made it clear that we won't be running Flash on the Ally, new threads pop up about it constantly. Don't take it personally.
  8. death2all110

death2all110 VIP Member VIP Member

Exactly, us devs are so fed up with seeing flash threads pop up all over the place even after users have been told there is NO flash support on the ally.

So let me say that again....

THERE IS NO FLASH SUPPORT FOR THE LG ALLY

Zip, Zero, None, Zilch, No, Nein, Cero, Null, Nula, нулю, ...etc... You get the point.......
  9. eharlow49

eharlow49 Well-Known Member

NO CHANCE. You could overclock the Ally to Onemillioninfinity MHz and Flash would still not work on the Ally.
  10. dmoriarty

dmoriarty Active Member

So do we get flash or not? :D
    darkxsun likes this.
  11. yohobojo

Lol. Depending on how he said zip zelch null cero etc most likely not
  12. missleslieann

missleslieann New Member

I was just wondering if there is any form of a flash player available for download for the ally. Thanks for the help!
  13. yohobojo

Flash is not supported on the ally.
  14. ludeawakening

ludeawakening Well-Known Member

There will be NO flash on the Ally!!!!! It has been answered with a no every time it's been asked. Our processors architecture does not support flash. That cannot be changed!
  15. netizenmt

Flash doesn't support the Ally's processor.
  16. darkxsun

darkxsun Well-Known Member

Some people are not well versed in sarcasm lol...
  17. dmoriarty

dmoriarty Active Member

No kidding, I guess I should have put 2 or 3 or 5 smilies on that post so people would know I was kidding around. lol

Internets=Serious Business ;)
    darkxsun likes this.
  18. ludeawakening

ludeawakening Well-Known Member

I'm thinking it might not have been the best time for sarcasm. Sorry bout that had a bad day. But anyway maybe its about time we try to change the whole freakin processor. Lol Hmmm... I wonder if that can be done?!? Think I might just have to do some research.
  19. mxc1090

mxc1090 Active Member

What is the best time for sarcasm?

Also, I was wondering if flash on the Ally is laggy or stutters.:confused: That would suck if it's laggy because I love flash games.

/sarcasm
  20. netizenmt

The problem is that Flash is written specifically for a certain range of hardware and the Ally's processor isn't in that range of hardware. So it would be like trying to install Flash on a lawn mower. :) It just won't work.
    korrdite likes this.
  21. netizenmt

:eek: Did you REALLY just go there, AGAIN??? :eek:

Let's try to answer this by example: How would Flash run on a lawn mower? Would it be laggy or stutter? No - because it won't even run on a lawn mower... or on an Ally. The hardware is not supported by the program.
    Hence the repy: No, Non, Nunca, Nada, Zero, Cero, etc...
  22. dmoriarty

dmoriarty Active Member

ROFL....look at the fine print in mxc1090s thread
  23. netizenmt

ROFL... I missed that the first time around. /facepalm
  24. abezzilla99

abezzilla99 Well-Known Member

so there wouldnt be a way for a dev to rewrite an apk to work with the ally's processor?
  25. socobandit

socobandit Well-Known Member

NO!!!!!!!!!