adobe flash killed on the iphone

Last Updated:

1. jxker

jxker Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I wonder if this is a good thing for the droid?

Advertisement
  2. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

It's not good, not bad. In fact, it has zero to do with the DROID. Flash is coming to the DROID, as we have seen MANY videos with Flash running on a DROID. It will be released when Adobe is good and ready. As for the iPhone crowd, they aren't as fortunate.

3. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

Maybe he's asking if this will convince more iPhone users or users-to-be to potentially adopt Android. I guess it might there. This is just another example of Steve Jobs' unholy need to control every aspect of everything, which is why he will never control any of the devices I will ever own. :)

4. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Oh ... my bad. :eek:

Well, knowing several iPhone owners ... it's going to take more than Flash to get them to convert. We'll see...

5. jxker

jxker Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

what i was asking was will this benefit the droid as to getting flash sooner

6. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

Flash = yawn

Flash on my phone = yaaaawn

don't care if it ever comes as it will not make any web experience any better for me. if anything, 9 of 10 times Flash just gets in the way, runs some BS ad banner, or is poorly done.

7. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

I am not concerned about flash so much. Yea it might make a couple websites I frequent work better, but it's not going to make or break my Android experience.

Also, I don't think Flash is going to be the sole reason people give up with Apple. However, I do believe that Adobe is only the first in a large amount of dev's that will be giving up on Apple. And that will cause people to switch to Android.

The way Apple is trying to control every aspect of app development is ridiculous. Yes, they should try to control some of it in order to keep their devices safe, but locking the system down so tightly that apps can only be written in four languages... :rolleyes:

I do believe that in the very near future, Android will see a larger customer base and dev base. And this will be perfectly fine for me.

That's my two cents.

Kratos

8. BlueIce5249

BlueIce5249 Well-Known Member

Flash FTW!

9. radikal

radikal Well-Known Member

you don't want to watch any video on the phone? or play games to pass the time. Hell all the iphone games that they have are flash ports.. we are going to get them all free

10. Doubledee90

Doubledee90 Well-Known Member

I see this as a victory for android in the fact that it is a major developer that is completely dropping apple because of their bulls*** business tactics.

-Written on my MacBook Pro

11. darreno1

darreno1 Well-Known Member

This will definitely be good for Android and seriously, I can't wait for Flash. Smartphones are getting more powerful with each model, so they're more and more capable of running it fluidly. I know the nay-sayers tend to bring up that issue over and over but I don't see it as a problem going forward. To be able to view videos alone is a God send imo.

In a strange way I see this little war beneficial to Adobe as well as it will help to light a fire under their ass to not only release products on a more timely basis but to be more proactive, and creative.

12. radikal

radikal Well-Known Member

I wonder how they will handle it crashing? is it so taken care of that crashes will be rare?