Adobe Flash, multitouch support?

Last Updated:

1. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Adobe Upgrades Air and Flash: Mobile and Multi-Touch Support Added - PC World

Both AIR 2 and Flash Player 10.1 support multitouch and gesture-based applications on touch screen devices. The beta releases are available as free downloads from Adobe Labs. Flash Player 10.1 runs on Windows, Macintosh, and Linux desktop platforms and x86-based netbooks. Devices supported include Android, Windows Mobile, Palm webOS, and Symbian S60.

Multitouch and android support! I certainly don't seen an ibone in there :)

Advertisement
  2. SpecialEd

SpecialEd Well-Known Member

Droid already has multi-touch, just most apps don't use it.

I know PicSay image editing does multi-touch on my Droid with Android 2.0.

Are we really missing much without Flash other than crappy freeware games?

Youtube works. Netflix and Slingbox clients would be nice.

I would be much happier if they would get basic PDA apps up to snuff. Calendar issues, task issues, etc.

3. russell5

russell5 Well-Known Member

I agree i hate flash every computer i use it on something doesnt work right.

Im not sue why everyone in the world wants it on their phone.

4. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

There's just a few sites where flash is a bonus for me, and it's not games, lol.

There's flash based games out there?

Again, maybe it was so obvious that you are all missing it. What other device listed in the article supports multi-touch besides droid (android)?

5. SpecialEd

Yeah, I know the iphone is not slated for Flash. I doubt they are rolling a screen upgrade either, but I could be wrong.

The open-development is killer. I am taking a class on droid development in the Spring! Should be fun. I want to hook in stuff through BT and the USB, so if anyone has links to technical details of the BT and USB interfaces, it would be appreciated...

6. craighwk

craighwk Well-Known Member

Since the US version of the Droid does not have multitouch enabled, I guess that means the flash version wont have it either until someone activates it for the US.

:(

7. SpecialEd

Multitouch seems to work, just not in basic OS. The PicSay graphics editing program does multi-touch for zoom in and out on Droid in the US with 2.0.

Basic 2.0 apps that shipped do not have multi-touch enabled, but the OS allows it (for now?) in other apps.

EDIT: I assume that Flash can act like an app and use it if they want to enable it.

8. craighwk

craighwk Well-Known Member

Well that's good news. :D

9. Fadelight

Fadelight Well-Known Member

Yes, many flash-based websites. South Park studios being one of them. Sure, I am a geek for even mentioning it, but seriously... I want to be able to watch South Park from my phone! Their players are all flash-based.