adobe flash not workingSupport

Last Updated:

1. jacko1

jacko1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just watching a video on engadget and I said I needed to download flash which I have and downloaded. From the market any idea's

Advertisement
  2. Exspyguy

Exspyguy Member

That's odd. I have a ported build from android on my iPhone and it works fine...for flash.

Have you tried to execute the adobe flash version checker to see what your build is?

3. jacko1

jacko1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have the most current

4. Optimus 2X

Optimus 2X Member

Ok so as I was watching a Flash video my LG Optimus 2X got stuck and restarted itself.. after that whenever I was trying to play Flash videos in the (stock) Android browser it would simply crash.
    I was running Android 2.2 Froyo at this time.
    After I updated to 2.3 Gingerbread (officially,using the LG PC Suite),Flash woud simply not work instead of crashing my browser.
    After some digging around I found the following:
    SOLUTION 1: Downgrading Adobe Flash 11 to 10.3

5. Optimus 2X

Optimus 2X Member

Ok so as I was watching a Flash video my LG Optimus 2X got stuck and restarted itself.. after that whenever I was trying to play Flash videos in the (stock) Android browser it would simply crash.
    I was running Android 2.2 Froyo at this time.
    After I updated to 2.3 Gingerbread (officially,using the LG PC Suite),Flash woud simply not work instead of crashing my browser.
    After some digging around I found the following:
    SOLUTION 1: Downgrading Adobe Flash 11 to 10.3 ; To do that,go to Android Market>My Apps>Adobe Flash>Uninstall updates.
    -Might not work at first,just try shutting your phone off and then back on and try to play Flash.
    -FURTHER FIXING: The problem may reappear if you have "Allow automatic updates" ON.Switch it OFF.
    SOLUTION 2: Updating your phone to a newer version of Android might help.
    -FURTHER FIXING: If,after your update,your phone is missing the Android Market app,then follow these steps:
    -STEP 1: If you have a File Manager app (ASTRO for example),then go to STEP 2.If not,go to STEP 6.
    -STEP 2: Open the File Manager app.
    -STEP 3: Go to /system/applications
    -STEP 4: Search for vending.apk and run it
    -STEP 5: Go through with the instalation of Android Market (that is the vending.apk you just opened)
    -STEP 6: If you don't have a File Manager app,get one,either by downloading one on your PC and then transfering it to your Android device either by Bluetooth,USB,an SD card.. run the instalation and then go to STEP 2.
    -ATTENTION!: Updating your phone may void your warranty.
    SOLUTION 3: SkyFire is a free web browser that you can get for free from the Android market.Flash video is apparently converted by Skyfire servers and then beamed to your device.It can supposedly let you play Flash video even if your phone does not natively support it.
    As I said,it's free,but if you like want it to be faster or whatever,you can get like a premium version for a really small amount of money.
    SOLUTION 4: Not all web browsers support Flash.Your best bet is trying the stock Android browser,Dolphin HD or Skyfire.]

Hope that helps!