• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Adobe Flash on 2.2 beanbag??????

I recently installed 2.2 beanbag on my ascend from metro. Everything besides mms is working. One of the reasons i installed the 2.2 rom is the 2.2's ability to use flash. But having 2.2's ability to use flash is pointless when you(myself) have no clue about how to get it and install it. I've tried many a flash.apk from multiple places but none seem to work. After the install the web browser force closes. I'm trying to stream movies online and use some apps that require flash.

i know about Skyfire but It does not let me view flash videos on sites like Fastpass and Movie2k.

So to put it simply I need help getting the right flash.apk and how to get it to work. Any suggestions would be appreciated

I recently installed 2.2 beanbag on my ascend from metro. Everything besides mms is working. One of the reasons i installed the 2.2 rom is the 2.2's ability to use flash. But having 2.2's ability to use flash is pointless when you(myself) have no clue about how to get it and install it. I've tried many a flash.apk from multiple places but none seem to work. After the install the web browser force closes. I'm trying to stream movies online and use some apps that require flash.

i know about Skyfire but It does not let me view flash videos on sites like Fastpass and Movie2k.

So to put it simply I need help getting the right flash.apk and how to get it to work. Any suggestions would be appreciated
I don't think flash will be supported on this phone even if we get the official 2.2 upgrade. The phone just isn't powerful enough.

Upvote 0
both the ascend and the optimus from metropcs do not have powerful enough cpu.

I believe Flash requires a A7 or above class CPU. both phones have A6 class cpu.

I tried several apks, lite and not lite. It doesn't work.

I also believe that Adobe has put out there that the CPU classes listed above were not spec'd to run flash.

Make a product specifically for A6 class. I don't blame them. There is no guarantee it would work. Though I suppose if given the right amount of time and people, I'd think anything was possible. Is it likely though? No.

Upvote 0
Make a product specifically for A6 class. I don't blame them. There is no guarantee it would work. Though I suppose if given the right amount of time and people, I'd think anything was possible. Is it likely though? No.

I do think Adobe should make a Flash app for slow preccesors also. In the description they could say something like it may not work well or at all due to slow processors. So people like us who have slow processors can be glad to see that Adobe has made the effort to help us out.

Upvote 0
I do think Adobe should make a Flash app for slow preccesors also. In the description they could say something like it may not work well or at all due to slow processors. So people like us who have slow processors can be glad to see that Adobe has made the effort to help us out.
It wouldn't make sense for them to take the time and spend the money to support something that will soon be obsolete, especially something that may or may not work. They are a business, after all.

Reactions: Jazziette
Upvote 0
It wouldn't make sense for them to take the time and spend the money to support something that will soon be obsolete, especially something that may or may not work. They are a business, after all.
They can always modify something later on. Even if they did spend time and money on specifics. I'm sure they can just modify it (Update it) in order for it to become a more mass marketed product instead of just for one certain product. Besides aren't most businesses taking risks anyways? How do you get new ideas if you don't take risks? For all you know them making flash work on these slower CPU phones might just be the innovation needed to keep cheaper end phones in the mass market. No matter what, There will always be people who can't afford to drop hundreds of dollars for a phone. Especially not at a place with no contract where you buy the phone at market value (Few discounts, Rebates, etc) Just my opinion though. I'm always thinking technology should take risks. Even if it doesn't work, Adobe is big enough they've got leg room to explore. ^^.

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
They can always modify something later on. Even if they did spend time and money on specifics. I'm sure they can just modify it (Update it) in order for it to become a more mass marketed product instead of just for one certain product. Besides aren't most businesses taking risks anyways? How do you get new ideas if you don't take risks? For all you know them making flash work on these slower CPU phones might just be the innovation needed to keep cheaper end phones in the mass market. No matter what, There will always be people who can't afford to drop hundreds of dollars for a phone. Especially not at a place with no contract where you buy the phone at market value (Few discounts, Rebates, etc) Just my opinion though. I'm always thinking technology should take risks. Even if it doesn't work, Adobe is big enough they've got leg room to explore. ^^.
You make some good points, but I just don't see many more phones being made with a 600mhz processor. 1ghz will prob be the standard even for low to mid range phones before long.

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
You make some good points, but I just don't see many more phones being made with a 600mhz processor. 1ghz will prob be the standard even for low to mid range phones before long.
Just hope they keep the 1ghz phones in the same price range. I'd really hate to see the "Under $100" price range disappear. No matter how far technology advances, There will always be a need for cheap electronics. ^^.

Reactions: Jazziette
Upvote 0
Just hope they keep the 1ghz phones in the same price range. I'd really hate to see the "Under $100" price range disappear. No matter how far technology advances, There will always be a need for cheap electronics. ^^.
The price for technology always comes down as the next big thing comes along. Just like computers, the top of the line today will be the "budget" model tomorrow. When all the big guys have 2ghz dual core processors, the 1ghz will be the starting point for the low cost androids.

Upvote 0
The price for technology always comes down as the next big thing comes along. Just like computers, the top of the line today will be the "budget" model tomorrow. When all the big guys have 2ghz dual core processors, the 1ghz will be the starting point for the low cost androids.
I'll start treating these phones like I do my computers, Start taking them apart and jerry rigging them with different parts just to see if it works. LOL. Yeah, I was one of those kids who took apart the toaster...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones