Adobe Flash on galaxy s3General

Last Updated:

1. traderop

traderop Member

I sideloaded Adobe Flash on my new S3. I installed the apk right off the Adobe archive site. The flashplayer shows up in my App list, when I try to access the mobile settings (using stock browser, Firefox, Dolphin) I get a black screen. The Adobe test page shows no Flash and of course, none of the browsers recognize flash. Anyone have a solution to this problem?

2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Download it from "Play"?
  3. traderop

traderop Member

It's not on the play store anymore as of August 15th.
  4. Easilyamused

Easilyamused Well-Known Member

I never heard.. Why is Adobe not goiNg to support Flash on Android after ICS?
  5. matttye

matttye Well-Known Member

It's a dying product.
  6. traderop

traderop Member

Apparently they dropped support of flash for mobile browsers, focusing on HTML 5. They took flash off the play store and now if you want it, you need to sideload the apk.
    I installed flash but can't get i two work.
  7. Easilyamused

Easilyamused Well-Known Member

Well, it's only dropping support for mobile... After further reading it seems Adobe is pushing to Adobe Air, which is still Flash, however it's a plugin for the OS, where Flash is a browser plugin ( oversimplified explanation).
    well HTML 5 still lacks some features and seems overall not considered "ready for prime time", although that will likely change on the future.

Thanks for the replies!
  8. redhook

redhook Well-Known Member

Adobe pulled it last week.
  9. traderop

traderop Member

That's why I'm trying to sideload the app, but it's not working. This is crazy, a high-end phone with a basic, non flash browsing experience.
  10. byrds8

byrds8 Well-Known Member

I got my S3 after the 15th and was able to get it off the play store. I believe I got mine on the 17th.
  11. Cheng8

Cheng8 Well-Known Member

I got an auto update alert around 8pm (uk time) for flash, thought it wasnt being updated? lol.

Also its still on my play store..
  12. sherlock5545

sherlock5545 Well-Known Member

Yeah they pushed an update today. It's just bug fixes. It's still there on the Play Store.
  13. It's bloody stupid is what it is. 80%+ of the sites I visit need AFP...

Lots of ppl gonna switch over to iphone because of this...
  14. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

15. traderop

traderop Member

I've been trying to do that manually by side-loading and can't get it to work. It's pretty aggravating and I'm considering giving back the phone, got another week to decide.
  16. sherlock5545

sherlock5545 Well-Known Member

What's the point of getting a iPhone if you won't have AFP anyway? Seriously, buying a phone for that purpose only is just idiotic, knowing that Adobe Flash is in decline.
  17. traderop

traderop Member

I love android and wouldn't get an Iphone.
  18. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

i dont understand why you are side-loading, that has been useless for about 2 years, unless you think side-loading means something else. you should just be able to install it
  19. traderop

traderop Member

I thought side-loading is loading an app without using Google Play, i.e. right off the internet. My mistake, I meant installing the app manually.
  20. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

I just realised I didn't have it installed, whilst on pressed "install flash player" and it took me to play, where I installed it
    Matrix Leader likes this.
  21. kmf

kmf Well-Known Member

Last week I downloaded Version from Google Play. Of course, I have no idea whether it actually does anything, or not. It is not listed in Google Play (My apps.)
  22. Matrix Leader

Matrix Leader Well-Known Member

Well why don't you go to a page that needs FLASH and let us know I am really interested because I will be buying an S3 for my GF soon and don't want to end up with a phone that has no Flash (installed but doesnt work that is)
  23. Frank Lampard

Frank Lampard Member

Mine has got version 11.1 on it and I have just watched something on BBC I player so mine obviously works :)
  24. barryl85

barryl85 Well-Known Member

I have Flash installed had it since I got the phone but TV-Catchup doesnt work just says, looking for plug in and never works !!
  25. bigjon1684

bigjon1684 Member

Mine had a link from BBC iplayer first time I used it 2 days ago to download Flash to watch the content, I downloaded it via that link no probs.