• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Adobe Flash Player 10.1 Beta for Android Notification

Guys, I hope I'm wrong, but check out this link from almost a year ago and you tell me if it sounds familiar?

Flash For Android, WebOS Landing In October - Adobe flash smartphones - Gizmodo

The beta they are now promising is the same beta they promised us LAST JUNE would be released LAST OCTOBER! They are just trying to keep themselves on the pages of tech blogs.

That link I posted was originally posted on Gizmodo Jun 23, 2009... almost a year ago. IMO, Adobe is jerking us off. They obviously have no issues with outright lies..and unfulfilled release dates. This is just another in a series of lies Adobe lays on us.

I mean, did anyone notice when signing up for the beta they don't even ask what device you are using? Don't you think that MIGHT help them pick beta testers? Assuming of course they really want beta testers...;)

Upvote 0
Froyo (Android 2.2) will officially come with Flash 10.1 in its frosty center – Android and Me

So it seems that when we get our Froyo, it'll come with Flash! Quick question...I'm not really into flash, I find that on some websites, it takes long for the site to load...that's on my computer. I don't want to think how 'fast' it'll be on my Nexus. So, I'm wondering why is everyone excited about Flash? Why is it such a good thing for our phones to have it? I've read on one blog that it's suppose to enhance our gaming experience on our phones. How so? What else would it 'enhance'? Also...with flash enabled...wouldn't it use MORE data from your data plan when you're visiting a site?

Thanks,
-Roze-

Upvote 0
@Roze
You aren't wrong. Flash will probably take up more data and take longer to load pages and so on, but I know I get slightly annoyed when I go to a web page only to find out that it is run with flash and therefore cannot see it on my phone when I need the information on there. I would rather the page load slowly than not at all. Besides, its not like its costing us extra so we might as well have it, right?

Upvote 0
@Roze
You aren't wrong. Flash will probably take up more data and take longer to load pages and so on, but I know I get slightly annoyed when I go to a web page only to find out that it is run with flash and therefore cannot see it on my phone when I need the information on there. I would rather the page load slowly than not at all. Besides, its not like its costing us extra so we might as well have it, right?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones