• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Adobe Flash Player 10.1 on Ascend

i went to miniclip.com before installing this, and got a black screen... after installing this, I got a white screen with a black stip at the bottom... it then will crash the browser after about 15 - 20 seconds... It definitly did something, but I can not get flash to work with it either... not that i expected too... This was using stock CW7 browser...

EDIT:

Ok... i decided to go and try this at hulu... and believe it or not it seems to work to a point!!

ok... I uninstalled the ADOBE FLASH PLAYER FOR ARMv6 from post #44

I then went to hulu.com and loaded up the page... it will give a message that you must have Flashplayer 10.0.32 or higher. you will also get this if you try to watch anything there...

I then installed the ADOBE FLASH PLAYER FOR ARMv6 from post #44 again, and went to hulu.com, and this time it loaded up the flash script and showed the pictures that are there...

now... when i went to watch a video... it crashed the browser...

It did work to an extent though... I'm running CM7 OC@652mhz stock browser 57mb ram free 34mb free on internal storage, 500mb free on sd card

Checkout
Code:
http://www.whatismyflash.com/
to see what version you have on your phone...

2yxhqir.jpg

2lwaadc.jpg

Also NOTE: I see that this file was meant to run on the LG Optimus One, P500, V (600MHz ARM 11 Processor) no support for any other phones...

Upvote 0
The CPU also has to be an ARM7, the ascend and the optimus m are ARM6 based.

According to pdadb.net the Ascend 2 is also ARM6 based:
Qualcomm MSM7625 - CPUlist | PDAdb.net - Comprehensive Database of Smartphone, PDA, PDA Phone, PNA, netbook & Mobile Device Specifications
Thats the processor thats in the current Ascend. I don't see the Ascend 2 listed on there. There are conflicting reports about what will be in the Ascend 2, but I doubt it will be the exact same as the original. I'm waiting for the official confirmation of the Ascend 2 specs before I decide if its worth thinking about.

Upvote 0
This being on xda gives it some credibility, but even though the Optimus has an ARMv6, 600mhz processor like the Ascend, the Optimus has a GPU, and the Ascend doesn't. If I had to guess, I'd say that's the reason its not working for the Ascend.
Not doubting xda is a good source, but not everything that comes from xda works as expected lol. And yes I would have to agree that is the targeted devices.

Face it the ascend is just a lil cheap pos lol.

Upvote 0
Someone just posted a link on Cricket's Facebook page about it, they said it works...I guess I will give it a try. here is the link they posted.
ANDROID CAMPUS: [APP] WORKING ADOBE FLASH PLAYER FOR ARMv6 ( ARM 11) ANDROID MOBILE PHONES

I actually got this to work(?)momentarily,viewing a clip from www.qwiki.com ,using SWF VIEWER(ANDROID MARKET) & DOLPHIN HD.
Gonna try a few other FLASH content sites over the weekend.
BTW,for those that haven't tried DOLPHIN HD lately,it's worth a 2nd look.LOTSA NICE IMPROVEMENTS & a large variety of browser add-ons available.I've already set it as my default browser after 7 months of being a staunch user of the stock browser.

Reactions: Scur
Upvote 0
I will just stick with skyfire, I would love to have a Droid x running cm7. I might wait till huawei gory comes out.

I used to be a big fan of Skyfire,however,my experience has been horrible @ best since they made the video a paid add-on, which I did pay for.
Haven't viewed a single video w/ Skyfire since the 'upgrade'(cough-cough).
I sent an email to Skyfire detailing my experience,& haven't heard from them yet.
Everytime I attempt to view video content,all that is available are links full of half-assed excuses/explanations why the video is not viewable.
When the app was free,it worked very well,pleasantly surprised w/the video quality.
I'm hoping someone from Skyfire frequents A/F & picks up this thread.

Reactions: MommysDroid
Upvote 0
Most of the sites I've seen that actually list specs say 800Mhz CPU, which probably means the MSM7627 chipset.
If that is true, it would explain the conflicting reports. I looked it up on PDAdb, and it is in the Galaxy Prevail and the Optimus. Since it is clocked at 800mhz in some phones and 600mhz in other phones it may have confused some people.

Upvote 0
What is "Flash P"? You want someone to flash their pen.is on your phone?

How's this:
c===3

LOL. I'm just kidding. I assume you mean Flash Player... The Ascend doesn't have a dedicated GPU, so it can't play flash. However, if you check the News section, someone on XDA made a version that "works". I haven't tried it, but a few have had some success with it. You can also use Skyfire browser which converts flash to mp4 and from what I've heard, works fairly well.

Upvote 0
The so-called ARM6 flash player doe's not work for me. It did more damage then anything else.
thats because its not really intended for phones such as the ascend, but more towards phones with a dedicated gpu and a arm6 cpu. The lack of a dedicated gpu is the ascends down fall far as flash goes.

so as I said and have been saying NO, NO, and HECK NO!!! :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones