1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Adobe Flash Player for Galaxy Note 2 (download direct from Adobe)General

1. Lucidmike

Lucidmike Well-Known Member

The Galaxy Note II is future-proof when it comes to Adobe Flash Player support, although it is not officially supported, the Galaxy S3 with an identical processor (just slower) is supported on Jelly Bean (if you upgrade from ICS) according to an official statement by Samsung and Adobe. This means the apk installers will be available directly from Adobe, and they will keep being updated, and they'll always work on the Galaxy Note 2 as it does on the Galaxy S3.

Video Tutorial
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcK82qvN6fA

Step 1: Download the apk file below to your device and install when finished.
    Step 2: Open up any browser, except Chrome.
    Step 3: Enjoy.

Adobe's Archived Flash Versions: Archived Flash Player versions
    Latest Adobe Flash Player (As of November 12, 2012): Adobe Flash Player v11.1.115.27, http://download.macromedia.com/pub/...roid/11.1.115.27/install_flash_player_ics.apk

Advertisement
    :
  2. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

Pretty sure there's a pre-existing thread with this info in the FAQ sticky
    Lucidmike likes this.
  3. dave1812

dave1812 Well-Known Member

I keep dolphin 8.5.1 APK and Flash 11.1 APK in my Dropbox. so handy when I need it for a new/reset device.
    Cleopatress, Lucidmike and drexappeal like this.
  4. drexappeal

I don't know why I never thought of that until you posted just now...sheesh, I should make a habit of using that and Google Drive more often for things like this. In fact, since Best Buy is lagging as far as carrying the Sprint Note 2, I might as well prep and move some files onto there, so that I can just transfer onto the new 64gb class 10 card I'll be using on the Note 2 anyway.
    Lucidmike and dave1812 like this.
  5. k3Ck

k3Ck Well-Known Member

Bumping this so everyone sees it!
  6. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

Maybe a "sticky" candidate?
  7. drexappeal

Maybe look through the FAQ stickies? :D
  8. Elantric

Elantric Well-Known Member

9. colnago

Too much work when you're putting in 60hr weeks.

:beer:
  10. drexappeal

Huh? Have you even looked at the FAQ thread? It would probably take less time to scroll through and see the link to the download and click on the new thread than it took for you to actually post that reply!...LOL.

It's organized so that people can find quick key feature threads, click on the thread, and read.

btw...I work 60 hour weeks too, so saving time is extremely important to me too, which is why I helped the mods put that FAQ together (for people like you and I that need to do a quick search for info).
  11. colnago

Fair enough, much appreciated. Actually I have looked at the FAQ, but Tapatalk has been flaky lately, and stickies do not show all the time.
    drexappeal likes this.
  12. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

You wouldn't happen to have that dolphin apk handy would you? The current version won't enable flash.
  13. drexappeal

No worries. I just realized that now, when looking at my phone and backing up settings I use the most.
  14. jurist

jurist Active Member

So thanks for posting this info. Its great as I didnt realize android and flash werent playing bakk in the future, which was one of my main reasons for switching to android. So I downloaded the old dolphin broweser mentioned above and it worked for a while and then it got autoupdated. How do I stop that? Ive removed check by auto notifications but is there anothe update I should turn off?
  15. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

I started getting really frustrated with dolphin once I got flash back so I started using boat browser and it works great with flash and it is very fast too. Another advantage is it's very small footprint.
  16. jurist

jurist Active Member

Thanks ill download that and give it a try
  17. Vela_Ocampo

Vela_Ocampo Well-Known Member

is this will work for ESPN or NBA sites? tnx
  18. Lucidmike

ESPN detects you have smartphones, and disables a lot of their flash videos from playing unfortunately. Some may work.
  19. Lucidmike

Hello everyone. Just wanted to let people know a new version was released a few days ago. I've updated the links just in case you downloaded the apk directly, and didn't go to the archives to find the latest version in the last few days. Takes a minute to update. :)
  20. Vela_Ocampo

Vela_Ocampo Well-Known Member

no more options for me? regardless of what browser? :(
  21. Note 2

Note 2 Well-Known Member

I still cant play my farmville 2 on my phone with flash/dolphin. It loads about half way, the sound starts playing then kicks me to phone home screen.
  22. kbrn

kbrn Well-Known Member

works great with the stock browser .. Not with Dolphin Browser, maybe the devs. gave up on flash and the browser is not supporting it anymore..
    Thanks for the tip
  23. ThaiM

ThaiM Well-Known Member

To get Flash on Dolphin Browser Beta:

Using an ICS device, and it's Dolphin Browser Beta, make sure your settings for Flash is enabled. Then in Settings do a backup (from within Dolphin).

Now copy that file to your Note 2 and in Dolphin Beta, do a restore.

Voila, you got the best browser possible with every feature for Android on the market.

Dolphin Browser Beta:
    Full screen.
    Desktop Mode.
    Flash.
    Pinch to Zoom.
    Pretty much everything.
    Oh and it's super fast!
    kbrn likes this.
  24. DPCardoza

DPCardoza Member

Is it possible to do this from Dropbox? I don't have an ICS device but my buddy does. He said he could save the backup of dolphin in Dropbox then I could access it from there. I would really like flash because my online school uses it and I love the dolphin browser. I no longer have a laptop so going to library is tough because I don't have access to my lectures. I really don't want to root, seems like it's much more difficult than jailbreaking iOS which I'd previously done without issues.
  25. DPCardoza

DPCardoza Member

I'm not quite getting this. I went ahead and backed up beta on my old phone onto the sd card. What confuses me is that it says to "copy that file to your Note 2 and in Dolphin Beta do a restore." When I see the file in "my files" and click on it it tells me "unable to find an application to perform this application." What am I missing here. Also when I click on dolphin beta and attempt to restore it says "restore unsuccessful."