Adobe Flash Player

Last Updated:

1. sarahj411

sarahj411 New Member This Topic's Starter

I can't do much with out Adobe Flash Player but I can't download it!!! It says its not available for my device! "Droid DOES" Right!!?? :confused:

Advertisement
  2. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

It does, but not yet, soon.

Edit: You can do plenty without it...

3. Polymira

Polymira Well-Known Member

I still don't see the need for flash other then video streaming ...

And i'm reallly hoping that everyone just moves to html 5. Or some other streaming format that's a wee big more standard and less intensive.

4. sghere

sghere Well-Known Member

OK...this isn't a "fueling the fire" post, but in one of the Google threads I'm subscribed to (things to work on for Google phones), a user stated they got the Nexus with Flash 10.1 pre-installed.

For the life of me, I can't find how to get back to the threads. Just wondering if they were blowing smoke, or is the Nexus shipping with it? I'm wanting to think it was article 1421.

If anyone knows what I'm talking about, it should be the last post in the forum.

Shayne

Edit: HA! I found the link..
    http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=1281&colspec=ID Type Status Owner Summary Stars

5. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Yes, the Nexus One is shipping with Flash 10.1, which only confirms the fact that it is right around the corner for us. Try to hold tight people. The iPhone owners have been waiting YEARS for Flash with no solution in sight.

Yes, the DROID DOES. Umm . . . eventually. ;) :D

6. leftystrat

leftystrat Well-Known Member

A-frigging-men, brother (or sister).
    It's not so much that Adobe should be taken out and shot as they should simply be ignored and the products not used. They are full of holes, privacy-invasive, bloated, phone home, and love to start with the OS. You'd think they came from Microsoft.

It's almost a way to make the Droid evil.

Unfortunately I understand that the standards folks are having trouble getting in sync, making HTML5 dubious (in spite of our great hope).

7. Apeman

Apeman Well-Known Member

Any chance of a Nexus One ROM with Flash 10.1 working on the Droid? Wow I'm impatient for an official 2.1 update with Flash.

8. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

They are working on it (actually, they are using a rom from the Desire). Right now, incoming phone calls, wifi and a few other major things arn't working right, so it has not yet released...Progress can be watched at alldroid...

9. PreciousMetal

PreciousMetal Member

I cant picture a bald fat guy drinking beer and yelling at a barn full of a million monkeys frantically key mashing.
    one day it will be done, lol. :D

10. CegAbq

CegAbq Well-Known Member