Adobe flash removed for Ice Cream Sandwich?General

1. Irene1044

Irene1044 New Member

Hi, I just got this tablet yesterday, and am not very tech savvy. Every time I open the browser it tells me that flash is not installed. The link it sends me to says that adobe flash is not available for my country (USA)
    Googling turned up the fact that adobe and androids have called it quits, but that there was one final release of flash for Ice Cream Sandwich. How do I get it?

Advertisement
  2. kickbutkuss

kickbutkuss Well-Known Member

You should be able to get the Flash player from the Play Store/Market.
  3. pucrepeap

pucrepeap Well-Known Member

Are you using the stock, chrome, or any other browser?
  4. kickbutkuss

kickbutkuss Well-Known Member

I use the stock browser. I was prompted to dowload flash as well and I am almost positive I dowloaded it from the Play Store. Everything seems to play fine after the download. Try searching for Flash Player 11 in the Play Store.
  5. Indians

Indians Active Member

New installs of flash have been discontinued and not available in the play store. You will have to search for the apk
  6. TexasBadger

TexasBadger Well-Known Member

Flash for Android is still available as a download on the Adobe website.
    kickbutkuss likes this.
  7. symonds03210

symonds03210 Member

Yes Adobe stopped developing and supporting Flash on Android. ICS was the last release to have Flash. Adobe removed Flash from the Play store on August 15th.But adobe flash can be manually installed on android device
  8. kellymark97

kellymark97 Member

You are wrong flash player is no more available at Play Store/Market, if some one wants to use flash on his/her android device can install adobe flash manually
  9. peetermos

peetermos New Member

Doesn't sound like ics will ever get flash actually
  10. ymDroid

ymDroid Well-Known Member

I installed flash from the adobe archive site and uses to be able to use it with Dolphin.

But Dolphin on the Infinity now says it has flash turned off, and its grayed out so I can't turn it back on.

Any help would be appreciated.