1. Mikiemon

Mikiemon Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

For those to lazy to look (like me).

3. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

I was under the impression that the Hero would not be able to handle full Flash (10.1) due to hardware restrictions

4. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

That's what was originally announced, correct.

The article that the OP posted seems to indicate that they'll look at the way Flash-lite is working on our phones.... I also think that the OP just posted it here because it said "Hero."

Honestly, I have no idea... I didn't even read the article! I know I'm just too lazy to click on links 95% of the time so I copy and pasted it here for others like me! :cool:

5. NYCHitman1

I didn't read it either. I just read the bolded portion you quoted, lol!

6. tailsthecat

tailsthecat Well-Known Member

2.2 is a ways off...ill say 2011. im new to android but it seems its nothing but delay ater delay for 2.1

7. NYCHitman1

That's just for our phone, realistically. The newer phones with better hardware will come pre-set w/ 2.1 or greater on them.

8. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Yea... by the end of October this year, I can guarantee our phone(s) *anything that uses technology from '09 or lower* will be 'outdated' enough for us to finally be left BFE in the Android update curve. I mean, yes the hardware in the HAND HELD DEVICE (caps because I'm emphasizing) is old, but it's still the frickin' equivalent of a computer in your pocket. A limited computer at that, yes, but a computer none the less.

9. Doomstang

Doomstang Well-Known Member

it's pretty amazing how quickly electronic hardware gets outdated. I replaced my grandma's desktop computer the other day that had similar specs to my Hero...and her tower felt like it weighed 50 pounds lol

10. RKMJ

RKMJ Active Member

Well, it looks like full flash for Android phones won't be dependent on an update to Froyo. Yesterday Adobe announced that they will be releasing Flash 10.1 for Android phones in June. Thankfully, we won't have to wait that long to see how it works, because they are doing a public preview of it at the Google I/O in May. Below are the Engadget article and the official Adobe blog post. Check it out:

Adobe CTO says Flash 10.1 for Android in June -- will Froyo follow suit? -- Engadget

Moving Forward (Adobe Featured Blogs)

11. rajputsmurf

rajputsmurf Member

Just found this line in a Wall Street Journal interview with Adobe CEO Shantanu Narayen regarding Steve Job's recent comments. Maybe a slip of the tongue but it sounds interesting:

"Mr. Narayen talks about Adobe "certainly" shipping on Android's latest version in early May."

Highlights: The Journal’s Exclusive Interview With Adobe CEO - Digits - WSJ

Edit: Was moving too fast this morning. Just watched the interview and Narayen basically exactly confirms RKMJ's info above. The Google I/O reference wasn't mentioned in the interview summary, just the early May date so I got a little over-excited. Still, June 17th for flash sounds good to me.

12. NYCHitman1

I wish the Hero had a better processor chip and a bit more RAM/ROM :(

Flash 10.1 has evaded us for sure :(