Adobe Reader vs. PDF Viewer

Last Updated:

1. Bic101

Bic101 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What's the difference between the PDF Viewer (HTC) and the Adobe Reader downloadable from Android market? Do they have different features? I know you can't remove the Viewer which takes up 4KB while the Reader uses 4MB of space. Any tips?

Advertisement
  2. Doomstang

Doomstang Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing today when I found myself at the license office and realized I had take a road sign test to renew my license....quickly googled a .pdf file to review the signs to make sure I wouldn't freeze up and forget them all and look like an idiot. It gave me the option on which program to use to open the file (since I downloaded the other off the market) and I was thinking "which one is better?" just like you

3. certifiedfryguy

certifiedfryguy Active Member

I have Maxum magazine .PDF's (about 130 pages or so) and so far the only program i can use to view them quickly and without lag is the stock PDF viewer.

Not sure how good it is with other PDF's but it's pretty lightweight and easy to use.

4. hitekalex

hitekalex Well-Known Member

Don't bother with Adobe's viewer and just use HTC stock one. Adobe viewer is junk, it doesn't even support in-document search. HTC viewer is much more full-featured and faster than Adobe.

5. Doomstang

Doomstang Well-Known Member

Well thanks for the info...I just removed Adobe's version