• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Ads by AdMob popups on Intercept

bergfurgaler

Jan 23, 2011
Ky
Ive had my Intercept for a week now. The other day I started getting "Ads by AdMob" popups in the corner of the screen when using some apps, and I wasn't getting them before.

Ive only installed a few apps. Angry birds, Chess, Pandora radio, AVG antivirus. The popups started the day after I installed AVG and nothing I have tried to do removes them. I uninstalled every app tried a few other antivirus and app killer apps. Even went so far as to wipe my sdcard and restore the phone to its default. Nothing gets rid of these very annoying popups.

I cant find any topics about this thru web searches on how to remove this. Anyone else have this problem?

Here is a Pic with the popup in the upper right corner. Bollywood MP3's. Ya thats just what I want...

CIMG0995-1.jpg

Upvote 0
Thanks for the tip about flight mode. I understand the sad fact that ads help pay the bills and all, but I went a week without having these popups at all.

It cant be a coincidence that I install AVG at night then the very next morning and from then on I get these popups. That pic is from Angry Birds, it never used to have that and while I have read other people say that they have gotten full screen ads while playing that game noone has described what I'm getting. Plus I get it on other screens as well. Never on any apps that came preinstalled on my phone like Facebook, but on pandora radio and other apps Ive tried after this problem started. I dont think this is normal ads is what I'm saying.

edit: Dont think I want to try and root my phone. At least not yet anyway I'm still new to the android scene. This is my first smart phone after all.

Upvote 0
The same thing happens on my new sidekick! This really sucks Im actually considering returning the phone and canceling the contract. Some ads are for dating and who knows what's next I bought my kid one of these phones. If they would have disclosed the fact that I would be getting these pop ups all the time I would not have bought the phone!! Iknew I shoulda got an IPhone. Im only 2 weeks in the contract I will go to the store and tell them, to fix it or give me a refund... Lets see how that goea

Upvote 0
i think theses add r from the openfient thing that angry birds has with it. i dont play that game so im not sure. it was happening on another droid device i had. i think the openfient thing is for sharing scores with other players. as for rooting the intercept its easy as hell. just dont go changing files with root explorer and u wont hurt ur phone. goodluck every 1,

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones