Adt plugin not working in Eclipse

1. Thebat

Thebat New Member

I'm trying to install the components for developing Android apps on my Mac with Leopard osx 10.5.8. Since i use an outdated version of Eclipse "Ganymede" i have decided to upgrade to 32bit Indigo, i have downloaded the SDK and installed the recomended components with Android manager as explained, this in the Applications directory (where Eclipse is also installed), then i have downloaded the ADT plugin for eclipse successfully, Eclipse asked me to restart and so i did, but when after the restart, i click on Eclipse > Preferences..... i dont see the Android directory, when i create a new project, even under 'Other' there is no Android option, though if i display the installed plugin i see the Android ADT plugin listed I dont think it is a SDK issue, i think the ADT plug in its the cause of the malfunction, but i would not know where to check this since it is correclty installed.
    Do you have any advice? the web unfortunately does not provide very useful tips.
    Thx

Advertisement
    :
  2. arbushell

arbushell New Member

I have exactly the same problem on the same MacOsx 10.5.8 version :would be this the cause? Can someone prove otherwise?
  3. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ~Shoveling Snow~ Moderator

I moved this to the Developer 101 forum so folks can help out with setting up your environment.:)
  4. arbushell

arbushell New Member

Just tested on MacOsx 10.7.x (Lion): it works !!!!!
    The problem is probably limited to the 10.5.8 version, I thinks this should be advised to avoid wasting time by tryng and retryng