• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Adult content O2 Hero users?

I have a unlocked Orange Hero with my O2 contract sim I have entered settings manually since O2 don't support with settings and everything is working well apart from ability to browse adult content! I have been through the age verification process online yet still no access! Has anyone else had this problem? I don't know how it works if it is blocked at the phone end or the service centre end.

Are you getting any sort of error message, either system error or page error? Have you tried other (adult) sites? It could be your ISP filtering you, but I have no idea if O2 censors adult content or not. My only other guess is that you're trying to view a flash site? The Hero only supports some flash formats.

Personally, I think you should avoid adult sites all together. They are a breeding ground for viruses, spam, and identity theft.

Upvote 0
vodafone's definition of 'adult' is pretty broad, e.g. it includes lots of SFW comedy sites.

Think that's bad? Orange defines Android Forums as "adult". :D

Unfortunately it's a sign of the times we live in. Personal responsibility has been replaced by an eagerness to blame someone else. The carriers are forced to protect themselves against Mr & Mrs Numpty suing them 'cos their little Kevin got traumatised thanks to the big bad interweb.

Upvote 0
Lol, was just going to post this, how annoying is that, I even have safeguard turned off and it still sometimes blocks me!

AAH, so it isn't just me then? I've had a few forums blocked on me by Orange (despite having Orange safeguard disabled).

I normally disconnect mobile web and reconnect (via the mobile connection widget) and everything works again. :)

Annoyng.

Upvote 0
AAH, so it isn't just me then? I've had a few forums blocked on me by Orange (despite having Orange safeguard disabled).

I normally disconnect mobile web and reconnect (via the mobile connection widget) and everything works again. :)

Annoyng.

You know i didn't think of that. I did try closing the browser and trying again but that never worked so i just give up normally!

Upvote 0
I have a unlocked Orange Hero with my O2 contract sim I have entered settings manually since O2 don't support with settings and everything is working well apart from ability to browse adult content! I have been through the age verification process online yet still no access! Has anyone else had this problem? I don't know how it works if it is blocked at the phone end or the service centre end.

You can check if you are age verified or not on O2's system by browsing to Age checker on your Hero.

Re adult sites being a breeding ground for viruses etc, you're far safer on mobile than on a PC. Mobile browsers are, on the whole, more limited in functionality than PC browsers, so don't have rich client-side scripting etc, and a wide range of handset OS's. PCs (and Macs) are a much softer target.

On mobile, just don't download and install any applications or games unless you trust the source and you'll be fine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones