Advance Payment

1. ZingBot

ZingBot Well-Known Member

Received text yesterday...

http://boost.tmce.biz/wap4?app=whatsnew&c=bst&NEXT=SMS253&tag=CDMA

Advance Payment lets you make your payment for next month's service in advance. By making your payment early, you ensure your service will not be interrupted.

Starting 11/4 when you add money to your account and your account balance is equal to or greater than your monthly payment amount, it will be automatically applied towards your next month's payment.

If you add enough to cover more than one monthly payment, only one month will be paid in advance. The rest of your money will remain in your account balance.

Only one monthly recurring charge can be paid in advance. You can cancel the Advance Payment online in My Account or by calling 1 888-266-7848. Cancelations can be made up to an hour before your payment is due.

Advanced Payment is not available for all plans.

Advertisement
    :
    rockdoctor1 likes this.
  2. kevincott

kevincott Well-Known Member Contributor

Received the same text.
  3. spiritlady99

spiritlady99 New Member

For some reason I find this really hard to understand. My payments are auto deducted from my bank, so why do I need to be bothered by this? Is anyone else confused here?
  4. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member Contributor

This wouldn't affect you since (I assume) your deduction is the same amount and the exact amount of what is due.

The question I have is what did they do for overpayments in the past, before this "new" procedure?
  5. ZingBot

ZingBot Well-Known Member

Any additional funds over and above your monthly payment, regardless of how much, just sat in your account.
    tube517 likes this.
  6. septembersrain

septembersrain 句_句 Smurfing Awesome VIP Member

Advanced payment was done so we can keep our customers from using up their cash balance involuntarily.

You have no idea how many times i had to call customer service over .10-10.00 and get refunds.

Ringtones, international texts, international calls, date sites, etc.

This basically makes your funds untouchable, therefore no one can spend it and be short on their bill.