Advanced Browser SettingsTips

Last Updated:

1. raidscsi

raidscsi Member

If you open the default browser and type the address "about:debug" then press enter it will unlock numerous settings that are hidden. Once you do this it will appear that nothing has happened. Goto Menu>More>Settings and look at all the candy you just found.

Also on the Incredible there is an extra menu option that allows you to control and delete the hidden bookmarks feature.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Advertisement
    teufeltexan, Bug Splat, ctc and 3 others like this.
  2. chenzales

chenzales Member

nice find, will do once my phone gets here =/
  3. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

same here, always love more settings to play with, once i have phone to play with that is
  4. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

Any idea what these extra settings do?
  5. jj3699

jj3699 Well-Known Member

I don't have the additional settings but when I go into the more section there is a lot more there :)
  6. raidscsi

raidscsi Member

The default browser saves snapshots of the webpages you visit. These are not erased when you reset the phone and there were a few news sites that claimed it was a security vulnerability in that you could not erase your history without manually using a file manager to delete the thumbnails.
    Droid Incredible Snaps, Saves Pictures Of Your Browsing History
  7. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

One of the coolest tips so far! very nice.
  8. GiveMeItNow

GiveMeItNow Well-Known Member

If i tap to delete capture files it just force closes. How do i know if they deleted?
  9. brownbag68

brownbag68 Well-Known Member

When I open my default browser, it takes me straight to google. The only place I can enter information is in the google search box. Where do I enter "about:debug"?
  10. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

If you scroll the page up the address bar should show up