Advanced Car Mount System FM Transmitter & Charger for ANDROID PhonesAccessories

Last Updated:

1. mjbiren

mjbiren Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
    PleaseBreathe likes this.
  2. Bug Splat

Bug Splat Well-Known Member

I don't think there is anyway to get around not plugging in USB and audio unless you go with Bluetooth or someone comes up with a car dock, but if you are looking for an FM transmitter I'm guessing you don't have bluetooth.

I used an FM transmitter for years and hated every second of it. I could never get a clean signal and driving from city to city sucked because I had to change stations every 10 minutes to cut down the static which never fully went away. Honestly I think you are better off saving up for a new head unit that has an AUX input or Bluetooth.

3. mjbiren

Good points. I guess I'm mostly interested in the power part. With a short cable it might not be too bad.

FM sucks - yep. I, don't laugh, have a car old enough (2001) to have a tape player. I use that.

4. PleaseBreathe

PleaseBreathe Active Member

Thanks for posting this. I purchased and will give my opinion when it arrives.

5. mjbiren

6. rapidsandroid

rapidsandroid Well-Known Member

7. jtcarnes

jtcarnes Well-Known Member

8. Plumrt

Plumrt Well-Known Member

Have a similar. It is cheapo and just for occasional use, is what I think

9. PleaseBreathe

PleaseBreathe Active Member

I received my Go groove FLEX SMART mount today. I payed $27.99 and received free shipping.

First impressions
    Looks to be well made for the cost
    Holds phone very well
    Good access to all ports and buttons (I have a Seidio Active case on my phone)
    Comes with cables to work with Micro and Mini USB ports
    Flex mount is pretty solid (my 12V port moves a bit from the weight but this would be car specific)
    FM transmitter works very well (I've only had one other FM transmitter experience and this one works a lot better. So far all audio/video applications work well)

Things I'd change

I'd like the USB cables and audio cable to have 90* bends (But I can see how that would not work with some phones)

I'll report back after some real use. So far, for the price it's a great unit. I would love to have a dedicated mount with direct connection to charging and my stereo. But, the cost and work involved for that is not feasible for me at this time.

JeremyT likes this.
  10. WeZeL

WeZeL Member

+1 on the Go Groove mount

I too have some issues with the 12v plug moving a bit on bumps/corners in my truck (Dodge Durango), so that's my biggest issue I have with this. It hasn't fallen out yet, but I feel like I keep checking it by pushing it back in and adjusting it from time to time when driving.

Another small issue, that is annoying, is I need to crank the volume on my car and phone for the sound to be loud enough to hear thru the speakers. Not that big a deal, except when you forget you cranked the phone volumn and start playing music on headphones, or unplug the mount without turning down the car stereo...

JeremyT likes this.
  11. Legobricke

Legobricke Well-Known Member

Yep.... It aint cheap.....

But, I can say this.... I have a 2000 Acura TL.... I went this way for a mobile mount because no options were out there 2 months ago....

And it is awesome.... The mount for the car is specific to the car and provides a rock solid, no vibration mount....

The only issue I am not happy with is the the fact, I do have to remove my phone from it's innocase... But to be honest, it's a 1 hour drive to work and 1 hour home... So, it's worth the 30 seconds it takes to remove the thing and put it back on...

Plus, when the time comes and I upgrade to something different, proclip will have the proper mount for my new phone and I can then just replace the phone mount piece...

With this mount and the integrated power plug.... it also keeps my battery going all day long...

Lego!

12. bobomatic

bobomatic Well-Known Member

dont know if anyone is still looking but its on sale for 30.00