• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Advanced Task Killer: Best task killer out there.

M

mcginca

Advanced task killer is probably the best task killer out there. I have the Sprint Hero, in my opinion, one of the buggiest of the Android phones. Every time I turn on/restart my Hero my phone decides that I will most likely need to use google maps AND sprint navigation right away. It does not think I need to know this info and will continue to drain my battery while letting both apps run in the background. Since I got advanced task killer I can know immediately what unwanted apps are open and close them with one click. It is pretty smart about what it thinks I don't need open like I want to keep my settings and sometimes marketplace open but every time I play a game or use an app and I just go back to the home screen instead of hitting menu>quit it stays open in the background slowing down my phone and draining battery. I can just open advanced task killer every so often and make sure I don't have anything unnecessary going on. I have tried other task killers but most of them either just didn't work well on my phone or just shut down when I tried to open it. ATK worked the first time I tried it, and i have even scene it downloaded on the demo phones at Best Buy.

Also, a bug with my hero is that the android messages app (if you use it for messages instead of another app) can sometimes keep the phone running even if I put the screen to sleep resulting in a really hot phone and no battery life after just an hour. ATK got rid of that issue for me.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones