Advanced task killer or system panel?Support

Last Updated:

1. SergD94

SergD94 Member This Topic's Starter

which one and how should i use it?

Advertisement
  2. ftards

ftards Member

I use both...Ive noticed that the system panel is super laggy when I am trying to end certain tasks. The ATK is much quicker.
    **I also just dl watchdog lite (free)- it has a CPU panel which shows what program is draining your phone the most- and If you click on the particular program you can kill or ignore it. Its got a decent widget too...Hope this helps.

3. haticK

haticK Well-Known Member

technically u dont need one unless u have a badly coded app. if u get ATK make sure to set it so it doesnt auto kill.

4. Xelios

Xelios Well-Known Member

I used ATK for a while, but it was forcing my phone to have random reboots like once a day. System Panel is pretty good, I havent had a restart in 3 days with it. I know this might not be relevant to you, but SP seems like a pretty good program to me because of this.

5. LexusBrian400

LexusBrian400 Well-Known Member

Exactly.. If you download good apps, you dont need a task killer. It will only hurt things.

Task killers were made for low level phones, and badly coded apps. Stay away from those, and stay away from task killers.

These phones dont run on windows.

6. Stealthman

Stealthman Well-Known Member

ATK has almost doubled my battery life and improved the performance on my phone. I have it at autokill set at "crazy" however I select the apps that I want closed and leave many alone. ATK works great for me

7. Teegunn

Teegunn Well-Known Member

I have had system panel on both my Dinc and now my X. My X has had TERRIBLE battery life since I bought it a couple weeks back - something like 4 to 5 hours if I am actually using it. So I decided to try ATK. So far, it has probably quadrupled my battery life. I have it on autokill, aggressive, when screen turned off. Have set to ignore main apps/widgets (browser, messaging, etc). So far I must say I am very happy with the results.

A sidenote - even with ATK running, my phone still was NEVER sleeping. However, the battery life is still very improved. Last night I figured out it is the GPS keeping the phone from sleeping. So I will now keep GPS toggled on/off as the bug reported is indeed true with my X. I expect even better battery life to ensue.

8. SimsDelt

SimsDelt Well-Known Member

I like AutoKill on ATK. Just have to make sure its autokilling the right apps. I have it autokill when the screen goes black.