Advanced Task Killer question!?General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. dawnstacie

dawnstacie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi All-
    I downloaded atk a couple days ago and everything worked great! Last night my phone died. When I charged it and turned it back on this morning I went into task killer to clear out all the apps that turn on automatically and then I hit home. Whenever I did this before, it took me back to the home page, no problem. Now I get a black page with HTC on it and then it resets the home page and I lose my weather. Eventually, it comes back, but why all the sudden am I getting the black HTC screen???

HELP!!:confused:

Advertisement
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Not sure why .... but you should unistall the app .. power off the phone ...
    then reinstall the app

3. dawnstacie

Thanks! I am trying this now. I will let you know how it works after the 10 mins it takes to re power up the phone! Jeez, it takes a long time!

4. dawnstacie

Just uninstalled and restarted and re-installed and it is the same problem....

5. harry dunn

harry dunn Well-Known Member

i did this the first time i used ATK also, i think i ended a program that is like the home screen or something

6. Yeah, it sounds like you are killing Sense. Don't kill Sense, and you should be alright.

7. dawnstacie

sense wasn't even an option to kill?

8. rechild.support

rechild.support New Member

Do you try to ignore 'Email' (if it is integrated with Home). If you kill it, the bundled Home is killed at the same time. So your phone have to reload Home again.

9. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

Yeah if its restarting back at the HTC screen then Sense UI is being killed when you kill all task. Go into your ignore settings and add sense, weather, clock, and whatever else you want to keep running. also try uninstalling atk for a week. I'm sure you'll find that android does a better job of resource management than you or atk! :D

10. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Ummm guys, this thread is from November. The problem has either been solved or the user returned the phone by now.

11. dawnstacie

Thanks OfTheDamned! It was fixed, but unfortunately Verizon has determined that my phone is a lemon since every other day it won''t connect to google and they are sending me a new phone that should be here today!

Also, I definitely do not use ATK anymore and I get better battery life without it!

12. vido.ardes

vido.ardes Well-Known Member

As this thread is over 3 months old and there is an active thread on Task killers in the forum I am closing this thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.