• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Advanced Task Killer Who Like It Who Does Not?

I only use it to kill "foreground" apps that dont close themselves. I dont do the auto kill or anything like that. The button for killing everything i havent ignored seems to work well.

^this.

If you use is wisely, it works fine.

When I was using ATK, my battery life was horrific. Once removed, my battery life was much battery, which is exactly the opposite of what some have experienced....

More coffee alert.

Upvote 0
I use SystemPanel for monitoring and the occasional manual app closing. I don't like anything that automatically kills any task because I don't trust it to not kill important processes. It's also been shown that ATK interferes with Android's native memory and resource management. Still, SystemPanel is great for monitoring CPU load, battery usage, and if I see SprintZone or some other BS running I can choose to end it if I want. It was my first app purchase on the Android market.

Upvote 0
I use SystemPanel for monitoring and the occasional manual app closing. I don't like anything that automatically kills any task because I don't trust it to not kill important processes. It's also been shown that ATK interferes with Android's native memory and resource management. Still, SystemPanel is great for monitoring CPU load, battery usage, and if I see SprintZone or some other BS running I can choose to end it if I want. It was my first app purchase on the Android market.

If you're not using auto kill, ATK doesn't do anything worse than what you're using to force close an app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones