advanced task killer wont shut skype off

Last Updated:

1. adz63

adz63 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ok i got advanced task killer yesterday and evrytime i kill tasks it kills them all and 2 seconds later skype comes back as a running task and its starting to do my head in .

anyone got a solution that does not involve getting rid of skype

Advertisement
  2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

That's just how Skype is designed - it shouldn't (note the conditional!) consume either power or bandwidth if not in use. You could use the Autostarts app to inhibit this behaviour but it requires root.

3. adz63

what does a root do , i dont understand it , i read all through the ROMS section and about rooting , could you explian what they do im simple terms please

4. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

"root" = superuser (su) access, and is required to do much of the low-level stuff with Android due to the Linux roots (no pun intended!) of its kernel. Ordinary user account(s) are prevented from accessing much of the file system and system processes for security reasons. "Rooting" allows you to let apps run at an elevated level to bypass this restriction.

HTH

5. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

It's just like running a program as an administrator windows, it lets the program access system files.

Autorun Killer does this too (made by the same guy as Autokiller).

6. adz63

thanks u 2 for clearing that up for me , i might have a go at rooting when the 3network 2.1 becomes available and do everything at once

im new to the whole android and htc , and i can say for sure that im glad i dont have a crappy iphone no more or my satio good riddance to both of em