Advanced Task Killer

Last Updated:

1. RingMe

RingMe Active Member This Topic's Starter

Dude at Best Buy downloaded Advanced Task Killer on my new Captivate. You can kill apps that you don't want to run and save some battery power. It's a free download at the Market. It's fast and easy to use, I HIGHLY recommend it.

Advertisement
  2. Duck Tales LOL

Duck Tales LOL Well-Known Member

Yep, and you can even make it a widget so you don't have to open up the actual app. Just create the widget, place it on your home screen, and click it. :)

3. JuneNYC

JuneNYC Well-Known Member

Thank you for the heads up. Remember some apps need to be on ignore list... and for more news... Man landed on the moon!

4. Croak

Croak Well-Known Member

Do a little Google searching on Task Killers, if you're new to Android devices. Long story longer, many (myself included) don't think you need them and that they actually cause more problems and performance issues than they solve. Android has a very capable memory manager, it just needs a bit of tweaking to make it better.

Download AutoKiller, and experiment with the presets provided. Those tweak the Android memory manager, and doesn't cause problems like a task killer application would.