Advanced Task Manager or similar

Last Updated:

1. linzgeneral

linzgeneral Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I wonder why the opponents of Advanced Task Managers or similar utility programs suggest that Android does a perfect job of memory management and recommend that they not be used entirely when it is quite evident that this phones bogs down considerably when they memory descends to a certain level. Like in the past, I just noticed that my phone was crawling and sure enough my memory had crept down to 60MB. Its becoming more and more obvious to me that these utilities fill a dire need.

Advertisement
  2. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

Then use one, why are you posting??

To start an argument?? This has been so proven, you WILL lose.

3. Essex

Essex Well-Known Member

My reply? SystemPanel App.

@sagedil

He'll (OP) learn soon enough:) Android does a fine job of allocating memory on its own...

4. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

It wasn't intended for him, he clearly had an agenda. Was only for that unyet named newbie just starting to read.

5. SirSlayer

SirSlayer Well-Known Member

Yea OP are you trying to start a fight? We have a whole thread already dedicated to this issue in the tips section. You can find it on my signature as well. No one states its perfect and there have been times when I had to "kill" a hung task. The point is there are plenty of other useful apps that have process killers in case you need them without using a dedicated one that jacks up your phone. You would be amazed at how well your phone runs without one. I don't use a task killer and don't have this "bog down" that you claim. Do some research on your own and read what people have already said about this and and then use one if you want. You might get some short term battery life improvement but don't come crying to us when your other apps, notifications, and other things stop working because your kill happy.

Just my 20 cents.