Advantage to using hacked 3G Hotspot vs. Wireless Tether?

Last Updated:

1. Btros

Btros Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What are the differences and/or advantages to using Wireless Tether vs. "hacked" 3G Hotspot, which I've been seeing people talk about recently? I was under the impression that Wireless Tether is a free option for wireless hotspot capability - is using the hacked 3G hotspot less detectible or something?

Advertisement
  2. WishinItWas

WishinItWas Well-Known Member

Wireless Tether is an AdHoc connection, while the 3G hack is a "standard" wireless connection point.

Someone with more knowledge please elaborate

3. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja VIP Member

i use the wireless tether, and it is an adhoc connection however no net support for me, cannot figure out why either, i had it working once, and dont remember how, so i basically have it installed but given up on tryin to make it work, considering i really dont need it with my cpu/phone haha, verizon has coverage just about everywhere, and my 17 alienware is not something i can just tote around if you know what i mean

4. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

This is the reason I use the TBH 3g hotspot hack. I rarely use it since I am generally near wifi but I sometimes use it to tether other android phones and a few other devices that do not support ad hoc.

5. Candroid

Candroid Well-Known Member

I went to speedtest.net and tested wireless tether, 3g hotspot and pdanet. I don't remember the numbers but I do remember that WT and 3g hotspot were pretty close while pdaent was much much faster. I know the dif between WT and 3g HS, adhoc and infracture. I will retest and submit results. with better data and description on testing methods.